1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Coaching has Nothing to do with Seattle Abusing the Broncos

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by khiladi, Feb 5, 2014.

1. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,169 Messages
    4,606 Likes Received
    Great post.
  2. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    There literally exists precisely no evidence of this ever occurring. If this is your opinion, then preface the comment with that. Otherwise, this is not the kind of post that you should put out there.
  3. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

3,487 Messages
    813 Likes Received
    This thread is full of absolute fail... Wow

Jason, did you start this?
  4. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,507 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    Sorry Khiladi, observing the game plan, Seattle won absolutely because of Coaching.
  5. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,294 Messages
    1,245 Likes Received
    No, he was trying for sarcasm but it ended up being confusing as to what his point was. Now people are arguing with him that actually agree with him.... which is hilarious.
    WoodysGirl and links18 like this.
  6. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    Oh Lord, I forgot how bad many of the zone members are at understanding sarcasm... especially when I make the statement:

Last time I checked, Jason Garrett is a coach and we are running his offense and I am talking about players knowing what Manning was going to do, which made one of the most prolific offenses ever, let alone Red Ginger's, so easy to dominate...
  7. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

3,017 Messages
    1,751 Likes Received
    The coaching and execution from players contributed to the blow out. The entire organization seems to be in sync with all eyes in the same path.
  8. khiladi

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    Not if it was sarcastic and I'm clearly making an analogy with Jason Garrett's simplistic offense, while still acknowledging that it is abundantly clear that Seattle has talent in the very first sentence.
  9. khiladi

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    I'll take Sherman's word for it and it's absolute dominance over the most prolific offense ever as better evidence for that position than you, just like tI take he Ravens players like Ray Lewis calling out Garrett's play-calling the very same year they throttled the offense as better evidence than Garrett homers defense of his play calling.
  10. khiladi

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    The first post ever in the history of the zone that people couldn't understand clear sarcasm.... get it
  11. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

9,012 Messages
    2,030 Likes Received
    This is one of the most ridiculous things i have ever read. Peyton is a great QB. I think all that we knew this and that is all bull^^^^. This is just a young team winning with no class. They gambled on their DL beating the OL and they did. Plain and simple. I have never heard any NFL team be so disrespectful to another super bowl team ever. They werent jumping any routes, they were playing man had their safties playing up because they knew the OL was getting beat so bad. Seattle better be looking out for some cheap shots next yr the way theyre being so disrespectful to teams. Starting with their two games with SF.
  12. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,617 Messages
    2,507 Likes Received
    What I have always loved how people claim that they themselves 'know' what the Cowboys are going to call on each down and distance. Then you press and it turns into guessing run or pass and that is only good at best about a 70% clip. You never ever hear about actual route combinations or blocking schemes.

The constant stories and gap filling that goes on around here is amazing. I just wish people in absences of credible information would just admit that they do not know. That is a big part of wisdom to me.
    casmith07 likes this.
  13. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,617 Messages
    2,507 Likes Received
    derisive sarcasm in verbal communication is almost always accompanied by the drawl that identifies it. If you are in a group of people that you do not know and deadpan it then that is generally considered very condescending (re:trolling).

i get that this is another example of your 'clear' sarcasm but the failure is not on other's parts because they didn't recognize your sarcasm. Quite the contrary, it's a failure on your part to communicate effectively. You have not grasped the differences in mediums and just blithely carry on.
    WoodysGirl likes this.
  14. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,184 Messages
    357 Likes Received
    And how is this not coaching?

Of course the coaches tracked his audibles and calls all year.

So because the players were schooled in it..that's not teaching?

Why do you think coaches are enjoying the high salaries like the players are?

Becuz the coaches are the difference b/w winning and losing.

That's why.
  15. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,143 Messages
    647 Likes Received
    So is Peyton a joke of a QB since the 'Hawks figured him out? Dallas' offense has been consistently good during JG's time as OC/HC.
  16. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,351 Messages
    859 Likes Received
    Coaching is 50% of the equation, win or lose.
  17. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,261 Messages
    5,513 Likes Received
    It is not a gamble if you are sound in what you have been taught and execute it. Seattle got Manning out of his comfort zone. He is used to dictating to the defense, they dictated to him. They made him rush what he does and it clearly showed in the results. And yes, they were jumping the short routes. They were on the field, yet somehow you know better?

And honestly, I fail to see where "class" comes into it. We were not exactly humble when we shut down the Bills' offense in the first Super Bowl. Young players do that. And if were Dallas celebrating a Super Bowl win after shutting down one of the greatest offenses in league history, I doubt you would be worried all that much about how they are saying they did it.
    khiladi likes this.
  18. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

9,012 Messages
    2,030 Likes Received
    They werent jumping any routes. If they were they wouldve been getting clear cut INTs. Both Seattles INT came on bad throws because of pressure. If they were jumping them short routes they wouldve been alot of pick 6s for manning. Manning completed short routes at will. thats what they were giving them. If they knew they were allowing them short out routes how come they didnt go after the ball? Seattle just played man and went for the hit when they caught it for stops.

Im not saying i know better, Im saying Seattle is disrespecting teams. If they knew Mannings signals for routes they wouldve had more turnovers.

Dallas wasnt humble, they were a bunch of coke heads playing for a coach who stressed play on the field and turned his head on their off the field stuff. But Dallas wasnt interviewing anybody who would listen saying they knew what the bills were doing, it was game over, we knew we would outhit them. Blah blah blah.
  19. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    I agree. It goes on about everything about the team and makes discussing the organization a chore.

It's not sarcasm. He's back pedaling like Deion since he's been throttled.
  20. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,771 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    And completely stupid as well.