1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cold Pickings at the NFLPA Bowl

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by CCBoy, Feb 3, 2011.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,247 Messages
    1,406 Likes Received
    Cold Pickings at the NFLPA Bowl

Posted by Rafael at Wednesday, February 02, 2011

http://www.cowboysnation.com/2011/02/cold-pickings-at-nflpa-bowl.html

The Texas vs. the Nation Bowl still has another day of full practice to go, and the game itself on Saturday, but many scouts were packing their bags after today's cold workouts at San Antonio's Heroes Stadium.

The cold sweeping Texas this Super Bowl week chilled the workouts. Gusting wind knocked down a lot of passes yesterday and made close observations difficult. I spend 20 minutes watching the Texas squad in one-on-one drills yesterday and headed to the press box after my fingers and brain froze.

Some observations:

All of the NFL teams were represented, but so were all the CFL clubs. When I asked how many players at this game were likely to be drafted, several sources told me 20 or so.

I asked Wes Bunting for his opinions on the teams and he said the Texas squad appears stronger, with 12-15 or so draftable talents, while he though the Nation squad had a half-dozen or so. Some names most likely to hear their names early on draft day are Hampton's DT Kendrick Ellis, who was on several team's notable's list and Missouri C Tim Barnes. I asked where the top players in San Antonio were likely to hear their names called and I was told the 3rd and 4th rounds...