1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Coleman apparently done

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RS12, Nov 12, 2012.

1. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,700 Messages
    178 Likes Received
    Lol, bring him in!
  2. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,118 Messages
    321 Likes Received
    he would be a situational pass rusher here, look 4 him to sign with a 4-3 team
  3. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,948 Messages
    1,732 Likes Received
    The fact that Coleman wasn't starting tells you everything you need to know about how talent deprived the DL is.
  4. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,948 Messages
    1,732 Likes Received
    Watt would tear it up playing end in any defensive front -- 3-4 or 4-3.
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,134 Messages
    6,939 Likes Received
    Again, our fans don't really know how to value first-round picks who don't turn into probowlers.

That guy had an insane 4th quarter and playoffs in 2009, and then, turtled. I was sure he was on to big things after that Minny playoff run. He looked unstoppable.

As he is now, though, I'll pass.
  6. Cowboyz88

Cowboyz88 Well-Known Member

3,793 Messages
    567 Likes Received
    LOL...Pro Bowler? He doesn't even start unless there's an injury.

Geez man, Lissemore has EIGHT more tackles than Spears and he hasn't played in weeks.

Our fans also don't know when to cut bait.
  7. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,348 Messages
    878 Likes Received
    Just read that Lissemore could be back this week.
  8. cheftjpeck

cheftjpeck Active Member

285 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    Nah... Knowing the logic at valley ranch we will sign a kicker or punter to the squad ... :rolleyes:
  9. Idgit

31,134 Messages
    6,939 Likes Received
    Sure thing. Lissemore's a good player.

Go back and look at that 2005 first round again, and let me know how many of those first 20 picks you'd take before Spears, in retrospect. And then look at the 11 picks after him and tell me how many players we missed out on *after* him.

Not every first-round pick is a probowler. Many don't make it to get their contracts renewed. But fans complain about picks as if they do.
  10. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.......VERY perceptive. This guy was a heckuva run stopper: probly our best at DT. The guys that say "oh well, no biggie....give the time to Crawford and/or Lissemore" are the same guys that wanted to cut this guy in training camp: not too bright. Grizzly vets that do the dirty work like this dude are valuable.
  11. Cowboyz88

3,793 Messages
    567 Likes Received
    Canty and Rat were/are better DLmen than Spears as is Justin Tuck — all taken after him.

You telling me that Roddy White or Logan Mankins couldn't have given the Cowboys more than Spears?

Geez, I'd at least expect my first round pick to start, but that's just me.
  12. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Actually he was. And this could also be Crwaford's time to shine.
  13. Cowboyz88

3,793 Messages
    567 Likes Received
    Some of you guys defending Spears were probably the same guys crying over all the criticism of Bradie James, Roy Wiliams or TNew, so I'm not shocked (sadly) by the call to arms over Spears.

Plug in Bruce Carter and all of the sudden, everyone's like, "Bradie Who?"

Just because they put the star on doesn't make them awesome.
  14. Idgit

31,134 Messages
    6,939 Likes Received
    Canty and Rat were both players we took, so I"m not sure I get your point. So, Justin Tuck, Roddy White, and Logan Mankins, that's what you're going with? I agree, all are better pros than Marcus Spears, for whatever that's worth, and I'll rest my case re: how well we came out smelling in that 2005 draft.
  15. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,348 Messages
    878 Likes Received
    Cut that out! What I wouldn't give to have drafted Mankins. ... But offensive line wasn't considered a need at that time while Dallas absolutely had to have a 3-4 end to play Parcells' scheme.

Spears was considered a safe bet, a solid player for the 3-4. The way Parcells ran that scheme, that's all he needed ... someone who was going to occupy blockers and let the linebackers make plays.
  16. Cowboyz88

3,793 Messages
    567 Likes Received
    And I'll rest mine: '05 draft was a nice haul, but it wasn't and never will be because of Spears, no matter how many times you say it.
  17. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,525 Messages
    972 Likes Received
    Tackles are terrible statistics to judge by. Those stats are decided by the press box in any particular stadium.

In Seattle, about 70% of the tackles end up credited to two players ( both get represented as "tackles). This means that for most plays you end up with two guys getting credit for a tackle. That is very different from most stadiums in the league.

10 of Lissemore's 20 tackles came in Seattle, 7 on assists - it is the assists that tend to drive Seattle's numbers way up. In that game, we were credited with 82 tackles on 63 plays.

Compare those stats to last weekend in Philly. They ran 66 plays but we were only credited with 51 tackles.

Looking at our last home game. The Giants ran 58 plays and we only were credited with 52 tackles.

So in Seattle 63 plays generate 80+tackles but everywhere else, you see fewer tackles than plays. Lissemore might be playing well, but it is clear that his #s reflect where he had a good game more than being a superior player.
  18. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,362 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    Thinking Bass is brought up
  19. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,905 Messages
    1,010 Likes Received
    Coleman, along with Hatcher, was the starter. He is unspectacular but solid. He will be missed for his consistency.