1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Colin Cowherd on the Eagles

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Bigdog, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,601 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    Cowherd doesn't appear to hyped up about the Eagles like the rest of the media. Said the Eagles don't really have a pass rush and doesn't matter if you have two good CB's. You win up front. Said the Raiders had Nnami and Rouder (spelling?) who above average CB but how good were Raiders last year. Went on to say that Vick will get hurt and then you have Young as your backup. He said that I don't think the Cowboys or Giants are shaking in the boots with all these FA's that the Eagles have picked up.
  2. mrrnr

mrrnr Benched

204 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :lmao2: Yes, I heard that to on CH
  3. Corleone

Corleone Well-Known Member

1,038 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Yeah Colin is all in on Dallas this year as well, his "shock the world team" in the NFC Championship with the Pack.
  4. Wulfman

Wulfman Unofficial GM

1,300 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    I agree. The Eagles have questions on their O-line, meaning that Vick IS going to get hurt...it's just a question of when. And I don't think anyone is afraid of Vince Young. As for the defensive additions they've made, they are still soft up the middle. Their DTs are questionable, their LBs are worse, and they lost Mikell at S. I think they're going to have to blitz and play 8 men in the box a LOT just to stop the run, and I don't think they can shut down Austin, Bryant, and Witten at the same time without double coverage on at least one of them, no matter who their corners are.
  5. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,470 Messages
    1,137 Likes Received
    He picked Philly to win the division going 11-5... and picked Dallas to also finish 11-5 but lose the tie-breaker.
  6. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    He also said he believes we are a 10 or 11 win team this year.
  7. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,573 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    It's always nice to hear good things about your team but really who cares what Cowherd has to say? He's got no greater insight than you or I. He's just a talking head.
  8. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,344 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    Just run on Philly. They will have a pass rush, but suck at stuffing the run. That keeps Vick off the field and even when he comes on the field, just drive him 6 feet under the turf.
  9. es22

es22 Member

689 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Agree 100% with Cowherd although I dislike him. It is all about pressure in todays game. Nnamdi is not a shut down corner. Only Revis can truly follow a #1 WR and shut him down.

I feel Dallas will have a good year as Rob Ryan will energize the D with all the pressure. Remember, his defence beat both the Pats and Saints last year.
  10. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

7,129 Messages
    1,149 Likes Received
    That's because Cowherd always goes against popular opinion. No matter what it is. He'll argue with you about anything. His schtick is played out.
  11. SkinsFan82

SkinsFan82 Member

286 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    This.

Michelle Beadle makes him look like an idiot on SportsNation.
  12. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

4,419 Messages
    782 Likes Received
    Yup, it's sad that folks on here are looking for any bit of optimism they can find, even if it means listening to this ******.
  13. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,586 Messages
    2,243 Likes Received
    The didn't have a pass rush.

Which is probably why they added like 20 sacks to their D-Line this offseason.
  14. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Amen.

Why anyone would listen to this ignorant blowhard, whether he picks us to win the Superbowl or not a single game, is beyond me.
  15. Maxmadden

Maxmadden Well-Known Member

1,000 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    How do the Cowboys negate the Nnamdi signing? Go out and spend the money they were trying to throw at Nnamdi and sign the best free agent RG and get ready to run at them. He will be to busy trying to tackle to cover anyone.
  16. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,344 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    They have Newman. If they signed NA, they would have had to cut Newman. So, in essence, the money they were going to spend on NA is already spent on Newman.
  17. gbrittain

gbrittain Well-Known Member

5,097 Messages
    49 Likes Received
    I hear what you are saying but lets not act like Babin has a long history of sacks. In a contract year at the age of 30 he put up 12.5 sacks. His previous high is 5 sacks and that was in 2006. He has been less prolific than Anthony Spencer and we are always trying to get rid of him.

Last year was also Jenkins career high at 7 sacks. Previous high 6.5 and that was also in 2006.

It is not like these guys have a history of being sack machines. The burden is on them to prove last year was not an aberration.
  18. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,993 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    [IMG]

Colin Cowherd gets 5 thumbs down
  19. Maxmadden

Maxmadden Well-Known Member

1,000 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    They could if that's what they wanted to do.
  20. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,206 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    So is Romo for sure getting hurt since the Cowboys have questions on their Oline?