1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

College Bowl thread

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by DFWJC, Dec 27, 2012.

1. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,702 Messages
    2,051 Likes Received
    Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see a generic bowl thread.

Anyway, Baylor is just crushing UCLA! 35-10 at halftime.
  2. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Big-12 has two games left to prove why they are ahead of the Pac-12 in the conference standings. I expected UCLA to give Baylor a little bit more of a fight than this. :laugh2:

Why is the UCLA blue so bright? It doesn't look right.
  3. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,720 Messages
    101 Likes Received

all these stupid new uniforms by nike.....just go back to the classic colors and uniforms and leave them be.
  4. MC KAos

MC KAos Well-Known Member

7,496 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    PAC-12 sucks! Go big 12!!
  5. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,714 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    I hate those green matte helmets Baylor pulls out the last two bowls, but they won both so whatever I guess, I prefer the traditional gold.

I'll say this though for the 2012 squad, sweet finish to the season after it all almost slipped away with a four game stumble in mid year.

Also proves the team is a genuine hub for some talent, silencing the lazy naysayers and wishful thinkers that hoped Baylor would disappear without RG3.

I expect the Big 12 to prevail in all its matchups, the two Oregon teams providing very close contests.
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

76,305 Messages
    2,348 Likes Received
    Funny how some claimed after RGIII left that Baylor would go back to the bottom. Briles is a damn fine coach and has that Baylor program moving in the right direction. Sure it will be tough to get the same type of recruiting classes of a Texas or OU but you win you get national exposure it becomes a lot easier getting kids who want to play for your program
  7. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I had no idea there was another bowl game going on this afternoon. Ohio is crushing ULM in the No One Remembered This Bowl Bowl. No wonder LaTech didn't want to play there.

Tonight is the Huh? Bowl between Rutgers and Virginia Tech and they Why? Bowl between Minnesota and Texas Tech.
  8. DFWJC

22,702 Messages
    2,051 Likes Received
    Yeah, about the same is the "What?" bowl between Baylor and UCLA last night.

Things will get better in a day or two.
  9. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Tomorrow is Texas and Oregon State but the Longhorns are playing without two players who have been accused of sexual assault. Rumors say it was Case McCoy and Jordan Hicks.

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...accused-of-sexual-assault-in-san-antonio.html

edit: though Hicks was obviously already out with injury.
  10. revospeed

revospeed Active Member

502 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    I thought UCLA was sponsored by Adidas.
  11. DFWJC

22,702 Messages
    2,051 Likes Received
    So both Techs pulled one out last night. VT by 3 and TT by 3 as well.

There have been a lot of close games so far.
  12. Hopeuhavechange

Hopeuhavechange New Member

145 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Rice and Air Force has me transfixed.
  13. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,112 Messages
    223 Likes Received
    I would take a flyer on Sam McGuffie in the late rounds or undrafted FA. Could be a flex option with his experience at RB and WR
  14. hairic

hairic Well-Known Member

2,444 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    Haha, the refs and ESPN announcers didn't see #13 on that Smith intentional grounding in the endzone. He threw the ball right at #13, but he was blocking on the play. It was called intentional grounding for a safety. They even showed the replay a few times and still didn't comprehend what Smith was complaining about, just assumed that he was frustrated. That was just poor.
  15. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This is a really good defensive game between the Horns and Beavs.
  16. Hopeuhavechange

145 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Anybody pumped about TCU and Mich St later on?
  17. Hopeuhavechange

145 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Longhorn's Goodwin would look dapper in silver and blue.
  18. TheCoolFan

7,112 Messages
    223 Likes Received
    That was some of the worst clock management I've ever seen from Oregon State there. Even if you thought it was a 1st down, call the timeout anyway to stop the clock! Let the refs sort things out and if you're right, they'll put back time on the clock and maybe even give you back that timeout.

Can't believe Riley just let it run all the way down :laugh2:
  19. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, someone on that sideline should be aware of the ref's hand signals. There was no first down and hands waived over the head to stop the clock. Fortunately for him, McCoy isn't on the bench to save the game.
  20. TheCoolFan

7,112 Messages
    223 Likes Received
    This Oregon St QB is awful but his offensive coordinator isn't helping either. They're dominating Texas running the ball but the OC keeps trying to put the game in his QB's hands like he's Peyton