1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

College Football Week 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by TheCoolFan, Sep 24, 2011.

1. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,089 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    Busy afternoon games. For once, I'm actually more interested in the Big 12 and ACC matchup over the SEC game.
  2. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm not sure if I should be surprised that Clemson is beating Florida State right now. I don't know much about ACC teams but I know Florida State was not worth their high preseason rank.
  3. TheCoolFan

7,089 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    Eh...FSU is with their freshman QB in there, although I wasn't too sold on EJ Manuel in the first place. I agree though, they're not a Top-10 team.

A&M looking good against OK State. Miami struggling vs. KState :eek:
  4. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

14,963 Messages
    217 Likes Received
    Georgia Tech's offense is the most fun to watch in the country.
  5. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,604 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Texas should be moving up in the polls on their bye week thanks to Alabama and A&M.....:D
  6. TheCoolFan

7,089 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    OK State needs to go back to running the ball again. With a 10-pt deficit now and early in the 3rd quarter, still plenty of time to go back to pounding the ball to set up their passing.
  7. Draegerman

Draegerman Internet Somebody

3,706 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Man, that looked like a td catch to me by the OSU receiver.
  8. TheCoolFan

7,089 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    Game on! A&M defense can't handle OK State's hurry-up offense. They need to adjust ASAP or else they're in for a rough 2nd half
  9. Draegerman

3,706 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    #5 displaying that aggie "clutch" gene. :lmao:
  10. TheCoolFan

7,089 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    A&M needs a statement drive here to show they're legit. Similar to how Oklahoma answered that FSU score to get the go-ahead TD. We're gonna learn a lot about how good A&M can be right here

*Edit* Pick!!! OK State about to pull ahead for good here. A&M just isn't ready for the big-time yet
  11. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,260 Messages
    264 Likes Received
    blackmon:laugh1: had reservations for 6 and he fumbled trying to be pretty. Touchback. Texas AM ball.:lmao2:
  12. TheCoolFan

7,089 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    :laugh1::laugh1::laugh1: Blackmon

:laugh1: A&M gives it right back. Pretenders.

I don't think either of these teams can compete against Oklahoma
  13. jimmy40

14,963 Messages
    217 Likes Received
    Blackmon with the idiot of the year award, then Tanneyhill bails him out with a stupid pass.
  14. jimmy40

14,963 Messages
    217 Likes Received
    if a&m can't handle Okie St's hurryup at home OU's will hang half a hundred on them in Norman. I'm not real exited about my young Horns playing any of them though.
  15. Draegerman

3,706 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I swear that if a Longhorn player ever does something as stupid as this, I'll petition Mack Brown to send him straight across the Red River...right over to OU.

:p:

HOOK"EM!!!
  16. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Aggies I've known and loved over the last decade are back. Here I was hoping it may have changed yet here we are turning the ball over and blowing a 21 point lead. We shouldn't be having this much trouble against the Cowboys, their defense weak. In the back of my mind I always thought our big run last year was more about our opponents being weaker than normal and having bad games against us.

Here's to 9-4 again. :(
  17. jimmy40

14,963 Messages
    217 Likes Received
    well you haven't lost yet
  18. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The result doesn't matter, this is the exact same team that lost to OSU, Missouri and Arkansas last year. We won't beat OU again and the Texas game is always tough. Judie is out and that excuses the defense somewhat, but the turnovers on offense and the inability to move the ball against OSU of all teams is killing us. I don't think OSU even needs to run the hurry up to move the ball on us.
  19. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,635 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    I'm just glad Mark May has to keep his trap shut since his Panthers lost to Notre Dame. His obsessive hatred of all things Irish goes way beyond the boundaries of professionalism.

I don't mind someone being a cheerleader for their school, but he goes way over the top with his hated against a school.
  20. TheCoolFan

7,089 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    It's over. Don't think A&M can come back from a 10 or 14 pt deficit in under 6 minutes. Their OLine has gotten dominated here in the 2nd half