1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Colt McCoy?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by fortdick, Feb 11, 2012.

1. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I have been reading a lot about the Browns trying to move up to take a QB. Where does that leave Colt McCoy? I know, it leaves him on the outside looking in once they feel RGIII would be ready, but what value would he have?

Is he a potential backup to Romo? He hasn't performed badly considering he was playing for the Browns. He may not be a franchise QB, but maybe a solid backup.

Would he be cheap and viable? Would they take Dexter Coakley for him?
  2. bigE79

bigE79 Active Member

2,414 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That would be a great addition imo:star:
  3. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,673 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    IMO get Colt, or if the Jets get another Qb grab sanchez for back up for Tony Romo, either can be our future while they play behind Romo and will eventually help there growth IMO
  4. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'd actually be on board with bringing him on and letting him develop a few more seasons behind Romo. Just a guess, but for some reason I'd think he would be down for that, maybe not with another team, but the Cowboys he may.

[shoulder shrug]
  5. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    Always felt like Colt would be a better back up then starter. He was given the reigns too fast in Cleveland.

Would be perfect here as a backup. I really dont see him starting anywhere else. Tough kid, I love his attitude and demeanor. Just not NFL starting caliber.