1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Come out, Come out, where ever you are

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Jordan55, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Report: Al Qaeda WMD expert Abu Khabab thought killed in South Waziristan strike

A Pakistani intelligence official claimed al Qaeda weapons expert Midhat Mursi al Sayyid Umar, better known as Abu Khabab, was killed in this morning's airstrike in South Waziristan.

"We believe he was killed in this strike," a senior intelligence official told AFP on condition of anonymity. "It was his hide-out and information that has been shared with us says he was targeted in this strike."

Six Pakistanis, including three foreigner terrorists, were reported killed in the airstrike, which hit either a madrassa or a home next to a mosque.

Abu Khabab and four other senior al Qaeda commanders were reported to have been killed in an airstrike in the town of Damadola in the Bajaur tribal agency in January 2006. The US military believed the safehouse in Bajaur, which was run by Taliban chieftain Faqir Mohammed, was sheltering Ayman al Zawahiri, al Qaeda's second in command. Khabab and the other commanders were later found to be still alive.

The US Rewards for Justice Program has a $5 million bounty out for the capture of Khabab.

Khabab has a long history of working with al Qaeda's secretive weapons of mass destruction program, which is known as al Zabadi, or “curdled milk." Project al Zabadi is al weapons of mass destruction program.

Khabab "operated a terrorist training camp at Derunta, Afghanistan where he provided hundreds of Mujahidin with hands-on training in the use of poisons and explosives." the Rewards for Justice Website states. "Since 1999, he has distributed training manuals that contain instructions for making chemical and biological weapons. Some of these training manuals were recovered by U.S. forces in Afghanistan."

Dan Darling reported on Khabab's history with the Egyptian military and al Qaeda for The Long War Journal in September 2005.

A former scientist in the Egyptian chemical weapons program, Khabab, turned against the government of Anwar Sadat the peace treaty with Israel in 1977. Khabab joined Ayman al-Zawahiri's Egyptian Islamic Jihad, where he served as an explosives expert and poison trainer for the group.

After Egyptian Islamic Jihad merged with al Qaeda, he became the head of Project al Zabadi. The program largely focused on chemical and biological weapons, and devices to disperse the agents. Evidence of project al Zabadi's operations has turned up throughout Afghanistan, Iraq, the Middle East, North Africa, and Europe.

Zawahiri and Bin Ladin, won't you smile for thre camera, George Bush would like to day Good Bye! :)
  2. yeahyeah

yeahyeah New Member

502 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ever played that gopher game at Chuck E. Cheese?
    Yeah, the war on terror is like that.
  3. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,212 Messages
    1,265 Likes Received
    abu khabab? sounds more like a menu item.
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,905 Messages
    4,274 Likes Received
    A Pakistani intelligence official claimed al Qaeda weapons expert Midhat Mursi al Sayyid Umar, better known as Abu Khabab, was killed in this morning's airstrike in South Waziristan....now better known as...Sheik Kabob?
  5. iceberg

28,212 Messages
    1,265 Likes Received
    they cook them at your table and are known to explode at any given time. :eek:
  6. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,724 Messages
    635 Likes Received
    I can already hear the ACLU and the Left-wing liberal nutjobs moaning about how the guy was "tried and executed" without even being read his Miranda rights.
  7. jman

jman Active Member

1,765 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think I had that for lunch at an Afghanistanian restaurant in Plano last week.
  8. iceberg

28,212 Messages
    1,265 Likes Received
    oh man - some of those can be damn good! i had a friend from india while in college and we made "hindu chicken" that was just spiced up a lot and cooked on an open grill. some turd lookings things too but i didn't go for those as much. but the chicken! MY GOD! hottest food i ever ate and i was told it was toned down.