1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

commercials

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Cowboy Junkie, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Cowboy Junkie

Cowboy Junkie leonargized

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Do they really work today?

with satelite radio and TV where you can record and skip them.

If I want to watch a show I alway record or pause it until I know I can get through all the commercials. this allows me an extra 20 minutes or so to get some work done .

as far as the radio . I do not yet have satelite radio but if I do listen to the radio and it is not often. I flip the station whenever a commercial pops up/

I have a fairly new business and I have been appraoched several times about both TV and radio advertising but I just do not think it will have the same impact it had 7 yrs ago.

so please I am looking some opinions to help me decide
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,372 Messages
    3,665 Likes Received
    It doesn't work on me. I am allergic to commercials. In my truck or watching TV when commercials come on I instantly change the station or channel. The radio is for listening to music. The TV is for watching TV shows. I'll shut it off before I do a commercial.
  3. Cowboy Junkie

Cowboy Junkie leonargized

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    same with me
  4. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,273 Messages
    181 Likes Received
    Same here, I record pretty much every show I want to watch so I dont have to sit through commercials.
  5. VietCowboy

VietCowboy Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.

2,918 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I love some of those Geico commercials, but I am not a Geico customer.

I think the only commercial recently that has affected is the Nutella one. I haven't had Nutella in a LOOONG time, and after seeing the commercials, decided to go out and get some.

But I agree for the most part, I skip through.
  6. Faerluna

Faerluna I'm Complicated

5,143 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I have the TV on while I'm working or on the computer for ambient noise. I hear a lot of commercials and they don't really bother me. There are a few that I cannot stand that I will mute if I hear them on, but otherwise I have no aversion to them.

Radio, on the other hand, always gets changed when commercials come on.