1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

commercials

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Cowboy Junkie, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Cowboy Junkie

Cowboy Junkie leonargized

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Do they really work today?

with satelite radio and TV where you can record and skip them.

If I want to watch a show I alway record or pause it until I know I can get through all the commercials. this allows me an extra 20 minutes or so to get some work done .

as far as the radio . I do not yet have satelite radio but if I do listen to the radio and it is not often. I flip the station whenever a commercial pops up/

I have a fairly new business and I have been appraoched several times about both TV and radio advertising but I just do not think it will have the same impact it had 7 yrs ago.

so please I am looking some opinions to help me decide

2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

63,561 Messages
    15,913 Likes Received
    It doesn't work on me. I am allergic to commercials. In my truck or watching TV when commercials come on I instantly change the station or channel. The radio is for listening to music. The TV is for watching TV shows. I'll shut it off before I do a commercial.

3. Cowboy Junkie

Cowboy Junkie leonargized

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    same with me

4. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

11,196 Messages
    921 Likes Received
    Same here, I record pretty much every show I want to watch so I dont have to sit through commercials.

5. VietCowboy

VietCowboy Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.

2,924 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    I love some of those Geico commercials, but I am not a Geico customer.

I think the only commercial recently that has affected is the Nutella one. I haven't had Nutella in a LOOONG time, and after seeing the commercials, decided to go out and get some.

But I agree for the most part, I skip through.

6. Faerluna

Faerluna I'm Complicated

5,144 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I have the TV on while I'm working or on the computer for ambient noise. I hear a lot of commercials and they don't really bother me. There are a few that I cannot stand that I will mute if I hear them on, but otherwise I have no aversion to them.

Radio, on the other hand, always gets changed when commercials come on.