1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Computer Generated Mock as of 4/13

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by ABQCOWBOY, Apr 20, 2012.

1. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,201 Messages
    2,038 Likes Received
    Cowboys Mock:

14 DT Dontari Poe Memphis
    45 S Harrison Smith Notre Dame
    81 OC Ben Jones Georgia
    113 OG Senio Kelemete Washington
    135 WR Juron Criner Arizona
    152 CB DeQuan Menzie Alabama
    186 TE David Paulson Oregon
    222 QB Austin Davis Southern Mississipp

Poe would be the key to this thing obviously. If he turned out to be Raji, this is a home run draft IMO. If he turned out to be Wilkerson, it might still be a decent draft because I love Smith, Jones, Kelemete and Austin Davis as a developmental prospect. I think that all of these guys could make the team and be nice contributers.

What do you think?
  2. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,501 Likes Received
    Poe scares me but end up enormous value if he is a top 5 NT as he could potentially be.

The rest is rock solid.
    Computers work nicely because they aren't pet catting us to death.
    (Hos has a pet cat in Criner and I in Ben Jones on this list)

This looks to me like 3 starters. I think Jones starts at OC, Poe at NT with Ratliff at DE and Smith at SS.
  3. Afigueroa22

Afigueroa22 Well-Known Member

1,014 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    I don't like Poe at all. A great combine with ok game footage tells me this kid is in it for the money. He might be able to dominate, but we need him to do it on every down not just when he wants to.
  4. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,102 Messages
    1,328 Likes Received
    Hate it. Don't like Poe or Harrison. Both of those are guys I wouldn't draft in the top 3-4 rounds. Harrison I wouldn't draft in the 7th round.
  5. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,676 Messages
    1,493 Likes Received
    Dont care for Harrison Smith there. Poe gonna make somebody look like either a genius or the other end of the horse.
  6. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,201 Messages
    2,038 Likes Received
    I think Smith is a SS for sure. I don't love his man to man coverage skills but in a two deep safety alignment, he's decent playing center field. He doesn't break down enough IMO. He, like so many others, just tries to knock you out too often and that causes some missed tackles but I'll tell you, I think he would be great covering TEs. He does do some things well which is force the run, take on OLs and rush the passer. I probably like him a little more then you do.
  7. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,525 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    I'm kind of conservative when it comes to things and this draft has too many question marks at the top end. Not a fan of Poe at #14 or Smith at #45. I could live with the other picks, though.
  8. Wulfman

Wulfman Unofficial GM

1,300 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Don't want Poe, period. With the other guys that are likely to be available at #14, and the number of needs on this team, I don't gamble with a guy whose best film is at the combine, not on the field.

I have no problem with Harrison or Jones, so could live with the rest of the draft. But Poe would sour the whole thing for me.
  9. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,141 Messages
    4,600 Likes Received
    Don't like Smith. Poe I do like. The rest is fine. We need a cover safety not a JAG.
  10. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

1,216 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    Yuck! I love the Jones pick and like the Kelemete pick, but could do without the rest.
  11. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,113 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    ditto, don't like either one