1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

Concern About Keyshawn?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Qwickdraw, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There is reportedly some concern about Keyshawn Johnson among Dallas observers this season.
    A lot of people forget that Keyshawn is coming off a broken left ankle and torn meniscus. Those are serious injuries for an already-slow receiver of Johnson's size. It makes the Peerless Price signing make more sense. Sep. 9 - 5:14 pm et
    Source: ESPN.com Insider
  2. Champsheart

Champsheart Active Member

2,572 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    I have no concerns about KEY!

NONE

His game is not based on speed. He will be fine.
  3. JackMagist

JackMagist The Great Communicator

5,726 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There has been some concern about Keyshawn in the media but there doesn't seem to be from the coaching staff. I'd bet that went the lights come up Key will be ready to go; that's just the way he is.
  4. smashmouth

smashmouth Benched

1,411 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No concerns here.
  5. parchy

parchy Active Member

2,252 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I can't believe I pay for ESPN Insider for them to tell me stuff like that...

Hey ESPN, thanks for the newsflash. :rolleyes:
  6. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

15,119 Messages
    2,492 Likes Received
    Didnt we find out he was hurt the last few weeks last season. He didnt look hurt, no concern here.
  7. parchy

parchy Active Member

2,252 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    He was injured in the last game of the season against the Giants... 2nd quarter I believe
  8. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,987 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    No concerns from Bill, evidently. He mentioned Key yet again today as one of the players he knows what to expect from.

Key was never a great practice or preseason player. And because he isn't getting any younger, I wouldn't be surprised if there were some tactic ageement between he and Bill that he not kill himself in July and August. When Key "needs the work", Bill always says so.
  9. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,692 Messages
    1,114 Likes Received
    His ankle yes, but his knee was bothering him for several games.
  10. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If anything, he misses his good buddy Vinny. He's worried that Bled will throw to HIS guys, Glenn and Price.
  11. Erik_H

Erik_H Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.

2,559 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    It's nothing. It's just re-hashing of old useless stuff by Pastabelly. The article that mentioned a problem with Key also mentioned that BP might AGAIN be in his last year....Bledsoe is slow....etc.

it was a comlpetely lazy article without an original thought.
  12. Dave_in-NC

15,119 Messages
    2,492 Likes Received
    Thnx Zeb thats what I thought. Hard to remember back that far you know boobie bars and heavy drinkin. ;)
  13. Hostile

Hostile Persona Non Grata Zone Supporter

119,427 Messages
    3,700 Likes Received
    Frankly, I have always been concerned about him. He has a tendency to be a prima donna now and then. That always raises the eyebrows a bit.
  14. Dave_in-NC

15,119 Messages
    2,492 Likes Received
    Not under Parcells watch. :D
  15. Hostile

119,427 Messages
    3,700 Likes Received
    I could care less where he was when he did it. You telling me TO would be a model citizen if he came here? If so, then go get him Jerry.

I've never been much of a Key fan even though I admire his talent.
  16. Dave_in-NC

15,119 Messages
    2,492 Likes Received
    So far hes been a model citizen. Cant think of one thing hes done since being a Cowboy that wasnt a positve. TO has been an *** every where hes been.
    Not even a close comparison.
    No one really knows what took place in Tampa.
  17. Hostile

119,427 Messages
    3,700 Likes Received
    I don't see how that's relevant. From "Just Throw Me the Damn Ball," to "he's a flashlight, I'm a superstar," to suspended from the team in Tampa he has given me enough evidence to be concerned that at any time Mr. Model Citizen might open his mouth and insert his foot.

The question was any concerns. Yes, I have some because he has a History of "me first" faux pas. That is why I brought up TO. Same boat, better talent. If you're telling me that Parcells is the elixir that gets a prima donna player past being a disruption then go get him.

In other words, I'm not sold that Key will never do or say something here that makes me roll my eyes and think he just doesn't get it. I appreciate his contributions. I'll always likely be waiting for the other shoe to fall.
  18. Dave_in-NC

15,119 Messages
    2,492 Likes Received
    I love a WR who wants the ball and isnt affraid to say it. We had one, Mike Irvin. Now guys who p and moan but dont produce, thats another story.
    I do think key knows better than anyone that he cant pull that stuff under Parcells. I'm giving more credit to Parcells than key on this.
    Parcells wont put up with it and Key knows it. TO doesnt care. Its not even close to the same thing.
  19. Hostile

119,427 Messages
    3,700 Likes Received
    Wasn't Parcells his coach on the Jets? Two of the incidents I mentioned under his watch.

To be truthful, Irvin's antics concerned me too. So, I'm not being inconsistent.
  20. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    JJ will benefit from his blocking.

I'm not buying this I'm really open even though I'm not Key stuff. Thats why VT forced so many interceptions at him.