1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Concerned about Romo

Discussion in 'Rant Zone' started by tupperware, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,679 Messages
    4,549 Likes Received
    Not every argument is good enough to merit a response. When both the statistics, and the play on the field say you're clearly wrong and just making something up, it's not really necessary to say more than 'you're just making stuff up.' I wouldn't have researched a reply, either, fwiw.
  2. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,325 Messages
    274 Likes Received
    Are there a lot of teams that go out there and give you the deep ball? I assume not. Yet there are still deep balls completed in the NFL. Except by the Cowboys.
  3. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,207 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I would bet money that if the Cowboys had turned two of the first three turnovers into TDs last night, no one would be criticizing Romo today. Bogging down in or near the redzone is the real problem of this team....yet again.
    ufcrules1 likes this.
  4. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,319 Messages
    678 Likes Received
    I wouldn't expect you to.
  5. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Benched

2,996 Messages
    1,046 Likes Received
    It's elementary: when you can't run the ball the defense doesn't have to play 7 or 8 in the box and instead can only concern themselves with the pass play.
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,679 Messages
    4,549 Likes Received
    Great. As long as we understand each other. :)
  7. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Benched

2,996 Messages
    1,046 Likes Received
    Not even remotely true.
  8. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,066 Messages
    771 Likes Received
    I just hope he's OK on Sunday. He was not looking good after the game.
  9. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,828 Messages
    1,158 Likes Received
    Bogging down in the redzone is always a problem and it doesn't matter which WR's we have or which RB's we have or if Romo has more time to throw etc. It's the same problems year in and year out. Either the play calling is bad or Romo simply isn't getting it done.
  10. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,739 Messages
    249 Likes Received
    i thought that maybe the game plan was to play conservative on offense for the first half taking the underneath stuff and running the ball. That is the way it looked to me, and i was beleiving they were doing that to set up a big second half were they would let romo loose to throw some seam routes and deeper passes. However after the injury to romo they may have changed their minds - of course we wont know for sure and this is pure speculation on my part.
  11. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,207 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I prefer to say the team isn't getting it done, but either way, this is the one thing that I was hoping to see changes with this season. It's still early, and I'm not going to be too critical after one game, but I have to admit that I don't like what I'm seeing so far. Bottom line, this team has to cash in in the redzone if they want to go anywhere this year.
  12. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,085 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    Totally wrong on all accounts. Romo's career YPA is as good as any QB in the league. Last night was an abberation. You are absolutelycompletely and totally off base. Romo has made so many big play 3rd down conversions it is incomprehensible you would spew that garbage!
  13. Stinger_Splash

Stinger_Splash Active Member

394 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    His passes were erratic all game long. Even on the 2pt conversion throw, it was thrown too much on the inside instead of Dez's back shoulder. The throw to Harris was too low to the ground and it prevented what should have been a TD. These were only a few of many bad throws by Romo.

Romo still targets Witten entirely too much instead of relying on his big time receivers in Dez and Miles Austin. Sure Austin did well in the first half, but he was not targeted that much in the second half.

Lastly, I'm sick of Romo trying to have the perfect play called every single down by his dumb audibles. The play clock was a problem all night long and the pace of the offense was stagnant. I expect better from our 100 million dollar QB.
    ufcrules1 likes this.
  14. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,320 Messages
    1,802 Likes Received
    The play clock was a problem all night long? LOL We must not have watched the same game.
  15. ufcrules1

6,828 Messages
    1,158 Likes Received
    Ok, you can call it what you want but I have noticed over the years as the chess pieces move around at WR/RB/Oline(Who we love to blame) we still have the same issues. There are a few common denominators here that are troubling. Sure, it is just one game but did we not have a ton of games the last few years that our offense acted the same way? Old dogs and new tricks.. they don't go well together.
  16. ufcrules1

6,828 Messages
    1,158 Likes Received
    One thing I am tired of is on 3rd down us throwing in front of the sticks. What the hell is the deal with that? We had one play where it was 3rd and 7 and Romo throws a 2 yard pass to Witten. Then we had the Dez play, and there were a few others like that in the game as well. Throw the ball past the sticks man!
  17. onlyonenow

onlyonenow Benched

102 Messages
    11 Likes Received

YAWN.
  18. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

35,895 Messages
    3,045 Likes Received
    Romo's career YPC is about 8. Last night was 5.4. So he doesn't dink and dunk all the time.
  19. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,207 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    A good running game would help in the redzone. I think that's been part of the issue in recent years. The thing I see about assigning blame to Romo is that's all I see...he didn't get it done. How, exactly, did this happen? What can we point to to say "there's the problem" other than saying it's Romo and leaving it at that? I'm open to suggestions about where Romo can improve in the redzone, but so far all I've seen over the years is criticism directed his way without seeing much supporting evidence. What could Romo have done differently last night in the redzone on those early turnovers to achieve better results? I'm not trying to be a jerk here. I'd actually like to know your thoughts.
  20. ufcrules1

6,828 Messages
    1,158 Likes Received
    It's quite honestly hard to pinpoint what the exact problem is.. sometimes throwing a pass short of the first down marker.. it's 3rd and 7 and he throws a 3 yard pass to Witten. I have seen that a million times, Witten is his security blanket so sometimes he throws to him when it's not rational. Or not throwing accurate passes. There were a few times last night where I thought to myself.. "Who is he throwing the ball to?" Maybe stay away from passing to a rookie inside the redzone early in the season? It's hard to put a finger on it but something is for sure wrong and he is one of the constants around here over the years.