1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Conrad Dobler, Cowboys Hater, Advised To Amputate Leg

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Hostile, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,907 Messages
    2,727 Likes Received
    Doctors advise Conrad Dobler to have right leg amputated

6/28/2010 10:55:10 AM

Former NFL offensive lineman Conrad Dobler, not quite 60 years old, his body ravaged by a decade in the NFL trenches, the three-time Pro Bowl offensive guard estimates that he has endured more than 30 knee operations and, because of staph infections, as many as 10 knee replacements according to Jerry Crowe of the Los Angeles Times.

Probably the best option to relieve the pain in his right leg, doctors tell him, would be to amputate it. Dobler has resisted in part because he is the primary caregiver for his wife, Joy, who has been a quadriplegic since July 4, 2001, when she fell out of a hammock during a backyard barbeque, landed on her head and suffered a broken neck.
  2. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Wow that is hard....the dude was the dirtiest player I remember seeing but still that is hard
  3. Hostile

118,907 Messages
    2,727 Likes Received
    I respected him. Still do.
  4. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    and I thought i was having a tough day. That puts things in perspective.
  5. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,571 Messages
    1,429 Likes Received
    1) Would'nt wish that on anybody. BTW the Cardinals were one of my favorite opponents back in the 70's.

2) Not to make light, but never heard of anybody doing that much damage in a hammock.

Sounds like Dobler has had his share of problems.
  6. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

4,303 Messages
    405 Likes Received
    That sucks, wish him the best.
  7. Martice

Martice Member

958 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  8. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,008 Messages
    5,046 Likes Received
    :eek: What a story. I hope everything goes better for him down the road.
  9. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

5,319 Messages
    517 Likes Received
    Man. Hope things get better for him and his wife, and that he somehow avoids amputation. And that staph stuff is not to be taken lightly...I've had that and it took for-freaking-ever to get rid of. Heck, ask half the Cleveland Browns roster...
  10. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,026 Messages
    768 Likes Received
    I have had it twice, both times got it at the hospital/doctors ...... Seems once you get it you are more susceptible to it.
  11. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,113 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    no more dirty than Erik Williams but hated by non Cardinal fans--but my hopes and prayers are for him and his wife
  12. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    WHAT!!!! the guy would bite people, twist their legs, hit them after the play dive for their knees, gouge eyes...you name it he did it nothing close to Erik Williams
  13. Hostile

118,907 Messages
    2,727 Likes Received
    Oh wow. I remember when he did that interview from the fake jail cell.

I couldn't stand Conrad Dobler, but make no mistake about it, I would have loved him if he was a Cowboy. He gave you everything he had and added a little hot sauce for good measure.
  14. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    i sure didnt respect him, he was a dirty dirty player, need i remind you hostile, he was the one that leg whipped John Dutton, and dutton had to have emergency surgery because of a busted leg vessel in his leg that he legwhipped dutton on, and he thought it was funny, and because of that, we didnt have dutton in the playoff game against the 49ers which hurt us.

i feel sorry for him about his leg, but i dont feel sorry about him nor neither do i respect him as a player, he was rotten dirty player to me,
  15. Hostile

118,907 Messages
    2,727 Likes Received
    Oh yeah, I know how dirty he was. The dirtiest guy I ever saw without a doubt.

I still respected him.
  16. cowboyjoe

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    not me, because of him john dutton almost lost his life, and he thought it was funny,

i know about amputee's since my dad lost his hand in a corn picker, its rough

but i dont respect a dirty player, never have, never will

kinda like dallas hickman that speared bill bates in the back, and harvey martin and randy white paid him back,

i never respect a dirty rotten football player that goes out to injury someone on purpose

or like old fat buddy ryan of the eagles that put a bounty on some of our players, i dont respect a dirty player or coach,
  17. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    that brings up the question who was the second dirtiest player...mine would be "dirty" waters he played for philly...I think he is dead now but I think he was another guy who was just a dirty player.
  18. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,693 Messages
    554 Likes Received
    I work for a prosthetic limb company, he could be back up and around in four months. If it's that bad he should do it.
  19. StanleySpadowski

StanleySpadowski Active Member

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I'm with you. The line between being a hard-nosed player and being a disgusting human being with no respect for the health or well being of other players was a light year yet Dobler somehow managed to cross it.

I guess karma's getting him after all.
  20. cowboyjoe

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    exactly, there is no way i will respect a player like dobler that went out and intentionally tried to maim and hurt players,

like festus on gunsmoke said, that old dog wont fly

with a dirty football player that thinks you should respect him, no way

i forgive him, but i never will respect him