1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

contenders and pretenders

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by JoeyBoy718, Dec 6, 2012.

1. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,416 Messages
    1,798 Likes Received
    I feel like I'm right more than wrong when it comes to just having a gut feeling that a team that had a very impressive regular season will flop miserably in the post season. For example, when the Titans went 13-3 a few years ago and when the Falcons went 13-3 two seasons ago, I just knew they wouldn't get it done. How do you feel this season? You have teams like the Falcons and Texans at 11-1. It's not fair to call the Texans pretenders based on last year because they lost their starting QB when they needed him the most. The Falcons, on the other hand, have been in this position before and haven't had much success when it mattered. Even the 49ers, in my opinion, are missing that key piece needed to win a Super Bowl. Not to mention, the Ravens who always have incredible regular seasons and come up just short in the playoffs. Here is my list:

Contenders:
    Patriots
    Steelers
    Giants
    Packers

Pretenders:
    Ravens
    Colts
    Bears
    Falcons
    49ers
    Seahawks

Uncertain:
    Broncos
    Texans
  2. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

2,008 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    I hate to say this, but it really will be the Pats or Texans winning it all this year. They play this week, so that will be a good look. I don't see anyone in the NFC beating them in the Superb Owl.