1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Controversial Comments by Obama's Pastor

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by cajuncocoa, Mar 13, 2008.

1. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue

2,218 Messages
    279 Likes Received
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt °¤~Cold Eternal~¤° Staff Member

58,771 Messages
    1,698 Likes Received
    The church should be stripped of it's tax exempt status.

I did not watch the link you posted but assume it is some of the same stuff I seen this morning.

Than again this is not the first church over the years that I believe should have it's tax exempt status revoked.
  3. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,666 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I think most of them should.
  4. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Staff Member

14,482 Messages
    1,527 Likes Received
    At this point, "church" and "tax exempt" is largely a joke anyway.
  5. ScipioCowboy

14,482 Messages
    1,527 Likes Received
    I've concluded that people should stop making illustrations and pictures of Jesus. Period.

Some white people depict Jesus as European-looking while some black people depict Him as black.

Can we stop trying to make Jesus in our image and seek Him for who and what He is?
  6. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

Santa Claus?

J/k

we both know its the easter bunny.
  7. ScipioCowboy

14,482 Messages
    1,527 Likes Received
    Are you sure it isn't the missing link(s)? ;)
  8. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

OMG so funny.

The only thing missing were Jake and Elwood Dancing and doing cartwheels down the aisle.

but seriously, why do people listen to these used car salesmen?

I wont even consider voting for anyone who has a pastor or spiritual mentor.
  9. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,344 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This video is (or should be) Obama's worst nightmare.

This is playing right into the hands of what the Clinton campaign is trying to do.

Hillary wants to portray Obama as "the black candidate" becuase she knows that if he's defined in that narrow of a way it will be perceived that he's unelectable.

Obama is trying to portray himself as a populist, everyman candidate who represents average America against the political special interests.

The last thing he needs is a video like this getting attention where the message is: "elect Obama because he's black and he's the only one who understands us and can do something for us."

I can't imagine that Obama is pleased about the attention this is getting.
  10. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,407 Messages
    107 Likes Received
    I think she's playing this card a little early. Time will tell.

Perhaps the Spitzer controversy, which evokes images of the Lewinsky scandal, forced her hand.
  11. BrAinPaiNt

58,771 Messages
    1,698 Likes Received
    Actually, unless it is a different video, I think Fox taped this. On Hannity and Colmes last night one of the junior preachers (not sure of his proper title) said something along the lines of What's up to hannity.
  12. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,344 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It echoes the strategy she's been employing for a while now.

Just today, one of her spokesmen, Mark Penn, told reporters that Obama "really can't win the General Election."

THAT is the undercurrent of this whole strategy. That Obama is a niche candidate and can't win across the nation in the general election.

I don't know if it's a matter of playing cards early or not... they'll play every card they have as often as they can to see if their message will stick with the Democratic electorate.

The problem that the Democrats should have with this message, of course, is that the more it's repeated the more it damages Obama when the general does come around.

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.
  13. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

73,858 Messages
    974 Likes Received
    If it causes people to come closer to him because they view him more in their image great in the end it is about his message
  14. cajuncocoa

2,218 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    Wait a minute....I'm not sure how you jumped to that conclusion, but this was not put out by the HRC campaign.
  15. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

27,388 Messages
    474 Likes Received
    why? they running low on crap for all the other stuff they put out?
  16. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

20,156 Messages
    802 Likes Received
    This pastor has a very long and well documented history of this type of talk. If the he were white and spouting that garbage, he would considered David Duke much worse. Oh well....
  17. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,407 Messages
    107 Likes Received
    Not the video itself, the whole attempt to pigeonhole him as a black niche candidate which we've been seeing in the press this past week.
  18. BrAinPaiNt

58,771 Messages
    1,698 Likes Received
    She is right, you know I hate hillary...you know I believe she has been very involved in the race baiting type of stuff with obama.

But this is being pushed by Hannity the most or whoever is giving him his marching orders.

I have seen him doing this thing for the last few days and it was also the FNC cameras at that church video taping that stuff because as I noted in my earlier posts...one of the preachers there called hannity out.

So...Hillary is guilty of similar tactics, but this one is not hers.
  19. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,666 Messages
    0 Likes Received

So the FNC cameras are at the church. I'm not sure I believe that, but if they are, does it make it right what he said?
  20. cajuncocoa

2,218 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    I don't think that was filmed by FNC. ABC reported that the Reverend sells videos of his sermons, so the church probably has its own cameras going.