1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Controversial T-Shirt Sold At Bookstore At Penn State

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by JBond, Aug 10, 2012.

1. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,711 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Sad state of affairs at Penn State. Their concern for the innocent is touching.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...hirt-sold-at-bookstore-on-penn-states-campus/
  2. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    The NCAA is DEFINITELY punishing innocent people here which is completely the wrong thing to do. If they want to punish Penn State, then they need to punish Penn State and not their students and students that were hoping to attend Penn State.

Of course, the NCAA is about as close to the NBA style of running things as you can get. Both are a bunch of **** and practically ruin their sports in how they operate.
  3. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,711 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    My only issue with the ncaa in this particular case is they let Penn State off the hook. They should have shut the whole football program down. Which innocents where you refering to?
  4. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    The students.
  5. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,711 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Because they can't go to a bowl game for four years? Cry me a river.
  6. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,313 Messages
    696 Likes Received
    Maybe they should go to school for other reasons besides them having a football program.
  7. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,663 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    Joe Paterno was practically the face of college football being the all time most winning coach in college history, he decided to "cover up" what could be one of the worst things to cover up. Coaches are part of the football team, NCAA did the right thing and it could be argued that Penn St. was lucky they didn't get the death penalty.

If you think the students are the innocent ones, dont blame the NCAA, blame Sandusky, Paterno and all the other coaches that kept this hush hush for the longest time.
  8. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

2,973 Messages
    215 Likes Received
    Seems that is what usually happens when things from the past are found out about.
  9. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm buying one of those. I completely agree it was a vast overreach and the punishment went outside the normal procedural guidelines for the NCAA.

And this has zero to do with the victims of Jerry Sandusky.
  10. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Wow. :facepalm:

You think these kids that had absolutely NOTHING to do with what happen deserve to be punished for what that idiot and Penn State officials did? ...but it's okay to punish them for the fact that they were hoping to get a scholarship for football that would pay for their education? (which, may I say is WAY WAY WAY overpriced in the United States compared to other countries) :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Fine Penn State a billion dollars and force everyone evolved to leave/go to jail, but leave the kids out of it.
  11. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    That statement is completely illogical. That is like saying if you don't think the person killed by a drunk driver is the innocent one, don't blame the drunk driver, blame the company that created the car used to do the killing.
  12. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,257 Messages
    116 Likes Received

I didnt know car companies hired drivers.
  13. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,707 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Punishments RARELY effect just those directly involved... and those instances where individuals conspire to cover up anything, make it even worse. Collateral damage is a fact of life...

Institutions/businesses are regularly punished for the actions of their leaders. It greatly effects innocent employees (and in this case), students as well. Always has been that way, always will be. The fact that many are too emotionally involved to see that doesn't change it. I happen to think a few of the sanctions went too far, but if Penn St. fans/students expected a slap on the wrist, they were in total denial...

Think of the innocent that have suffered for the actions of their leaders. Enron, innocent Catholic Priests, The Japanese people, the German people, SMU, Solyndra, Car Company layoffs, Steel Worker layoffs etc...
  14. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,313 Messages
    696 Likes Received
    I was referring to "the students", not the football players. Not all students at Penn St play football. And even the ones that do play football still get to play under scholarship and get their education. They can even choose not play like the tight end did yesterday and keep their scholarship.
  15. CashMan

1,257 Messages
    116 Likes Received

If that drunk driver worked for let us say, UPS. UPS would be the ones with problem and he a little bit as well.
  16. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    What? I'm thinking you missed the point of my statement. You need to read the post I was responding too first.
  17. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    In most of those cases, the companies were crippled to the point that it affected their employees. They were indirectly affected. In this case, the NCAA went right after the students and punished them as well and just said they weren't only punishing Penn State.
  18. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,372 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    Will Penn State be able to put over a hundred players on the roster with walk ons paid for with Pell Grants and other scholarships?
  19. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,711 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Name one player that lost their scholarship. You can't because it did not happen. There are plenty of schools the students could attend that do not allow pedophiles the use of the facilities to molest children.

A bunch of greedy old men built a kingdom the profited handsomely from it (Joe Pa and his slimy deal to walk away comes to mind). That kingdom should be destroyed and maybe the next time they will not be so greedy. Harboring a pedophile for profit is one of the most disgusting things to ever happen in college sports.
  20. CashMan

1,257 Messages
    116 Likes Received

I did. You are saying, someone who outright buys a car from a company and drinks/drives, and hurts another person, you should go after the car company.

This makes no sense. Paterno/Sandusky are not random people. The are employed by Penn State at the time of these rapings. These things happened on the grounds on Penn State(some of them).

Perhaps you should put a logical statement together, before you try and be clever.