1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cool pic + Marcus Spears questions who is there *merged*

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by The Dallas1575, Apr 8, 2014.

1. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,639 Messages
    1,718 Likes Received
    Great picture, though I must say I am shocked. When did Jason Garret dye his hair blonde?! :eek:
  2. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

3,377 Messages
    1,154 Likes Received
    Bill said he just completed a NAFTA
  3. Dodger12

Dodger12 Well-Known Member

2,186 Messages
    751 Likes Received
    Or maybe because he had a couple of years remaining on his contract and Jerry's not going to squander 3 million per year on a coach that's no longer here plus pay the salary that Payton would have commanded. This is Garrett's year unless something happens to Romo so Jones can give the fan base a built in excuse to keep Garrett around.
    jnday likes this.
  4. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,716 Messages
    2,387 Likes Received
    You defending me?

~looks out my window to see if it's snowing in Arizona indicating hell has frozen over~
  5. Hostile

118,716 Messages
    2,387 Likes Received
    I did go out on a limb each time. I stood firm despite the emotions it stirred. I haven't wavered in the slightest. When you see me waver on Garrett's future, pay attention. Or don't. I don't really care one way or the other.

I'm pretty confident in what I've shared.
  6. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,366 Messages
    488 Likes Received
    Hey man when you're right, you're right.
  7. Hostile

118,716 Messages
    2,387 Likes Received
    No joke, I am shocked.
  8. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Jerry doesn't value head coaches as much as some other owners and the couple of years remaining on Garrett's contract was enough to keep him as HC. You made a good point?and good post.
  9. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,764 Messages
    851 Likes Received
    For the last 2 offseasons most of us including myself have said Garrett wouldn't be fired. If Jerry gave Campo 3 seasons he certainly was going to give Garrett at least 3 seasons. Anyone who has a pulse on Jerry Jones knows his ego won't allow him to have a quick hook on his protege. He brought Garrett to Dallas to groom him to be the HC of the Cowboys and he's going to give him every chance possible no matter how foolish he looks. Jerry has been coaching Garrett trying to develop him on the job and it has the the team spinning it's wheels while other organizations that were mediocre when Garrett took over the Cowboys such as SF and Seattle have left the Cowboys far behind.

If the Cowboys are competitive and in contention heading into week 17 next season regardless of their record Garrett could be back in 2015. But if they're not competitive and in contention heading into the final week he'll be gone...Book it! I firmly believe this based on Jerry's comments after last season talking about how the team has been competitive and in contention under Garrett every season. This will be Garrett's 4th full season unless the goal is to be mediocre every year I can't see how he can save his job with a 4th straight 500 playoff less season or worse where the Cowboys are just playing out the schedule in week 17.
    Dodger12 likes this.
  10. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,241 Messages
    2,665 Likes Received
    Found a pic of Marcus Spears watching the advertising revenue roll in from all the clicks his story is getting.

[IMG]
  11. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,908 Messages
    405 Likes Received
    All he wants is dialogue... Sure
  12. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Good post. Garrett is the "chosen one". He has much more room to be average without improvement due to Jerry's ego and fear if being wrong. Jerry has been on the "Garrett the HC" bandwagon since 2007 and he is going to give him every chance to succeed and prove that his choice and investment was a wise one. Then there is always the love he has for the Garrett family. Jerry's ego will keep him from firing Garrett until the decision starts costing him money.
    junk and TheFinisher like this.
  13. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,665 Messages
    570 Likes Received
    Yeah, there was a caste system when Jimmie Johnson was coach too. Seems like no one had a problem with it then. Everyone was equal, some were just more equal. Witten and Romo are the two most established players on this team....who else deserves to be in there? Dez? Tyron? It's a pretty short list.
  14. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,818 Messages
    586 Likes Received
    It's great to see Demarcus there. That's why players love Jerry.
    theSHOW likes this.
  15. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,575 Messages
    639 Likes Received
  16. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

1,074 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    No different from when Jimmy Johnson said "I treat All Players Differently", not the SAME which is nothing more than politically correct crap, but DIFFERENTLY.
    Risen Star likes this.
  17. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,390 Messages
    8,293 Likes Received
    Exactly right. You want to be treated the best, be the best player.
    myslamsareolder, junk and SDCowboy85 like this.
  18. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,670 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    Preach it!!
  19. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Difference is, that was Jimmy the head coach treating players differently. This is Jerry the GM.

But maybe Jason Garrett is running Jerry's box invites like he is the rest of the organization.
    junk and Dodger12 like this.
  20. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,615 Messages
    4,885 Likes Received
    Thank you so very much for not ending your post with "smh" as all of your others seem to be.
    jnday likes this.