Cool pic + Marcus Spears questions who is there *merged*

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by The Dallas1575, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

14,712 Messages
    4,304 Likes Received
    Too bad you don't play defense......
    Dangit!! You got me............Won't 'unlike'. It's a pride thing. ;)

Idgit likes this.
  2. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,603 Messages
    1,742 Likes Received
    Please, ... quick, ... someone tell me something good about FB, .. all I ever hear is dumb stuff.

3. Idgit

Idgit If you food, you gonna be ate. Staff Member

45,709 Messages
    31,577 Likes Received
    I need 1,000 likes on my petition to save Jason Witten from male pattern baldness. Or Jason Garrett from gingervitis. Or Tony Romo from early onset obesity. Help these important issues get the attention they deserve.

Who's with me?

Proximo and TheDallasDon like this.
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

68,399 Messages
    16,328 Likes Received
    99% will read this, only 1% are brave enough to like it or share it.

The ones like that are the ones that irk me.

TheDallasDon likes this.
  5. Dodger12

Dodger12 Well-Known Member

3,531 Messages
    2,298 Likes Received
    This is all you need to know about the man's mind set. It's completely warped. He's a marketer, not a football guy who's trying to build a winning team.

http://nfldraftdiamonds.com/jerry-jo...ast-time-wake/

“As you know, the Cowboys have not gone to the playoffs in several years,” Jerry said during a press conference at the ACM Awards in Encino, Calif., this weekend. “We have not gone, yet we are the most popular TV show on television. We lead all teams in TV ratings. Twenty-four of the top 25 shows were all NFL games, and any time the Cowboys play, they’re up there at the top and leading.

“Well, what causes that? What causes that is creating tomorrow, creating some excitement. We want to use that to make this awards show as best we can to make this awards show the greatest ever.”

junk, daveferr33 and birdwells1 like this.
  6. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member

3,836 Messages
    969 Likes Received
    Wow.

daveferr33 likes this.
  7. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

42,518 Messages
    30,212 Likes Received
    Former Cowboys LB Scott Shanle: Dallas' biggest issue is individualism

Former Dallas Cowboys linebacker Scott Shanle said Tuesday that the team's biggest issue is individualism and the presence of too many "me" players.
    Shanle's comments come on the heels of former Cowboys and Ravens defensive lineman Marcus Spears questioning whether the recurring scene of coach Jason Garrett and quarterback Tony Romo hanging out promotes a team-first concept. Garrett and Romo were spotted in Jerry Jones' Final Four suite Monday night. The duo has also been seen recently at SMU and Duke basketball games.
    "I believe Marcus had tweet of the day! I've been part of a team in (New Orleans). It works! (Dallas') biggest issue is individualism," Shanle (@scottshanle) tweeted.
    Shanle played in Dallas from 2003-2005 and in New Orleans from 2006-2012.
    "I can compare (the two) organizations. Night and day...," he tweeted.

http://www.**************/sports/da...nle-dallas-biggest-issue-is-individualism.ece

Zordon and scottsp like this.
  8. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,894 Likes Received
    Great stuff, but please tell me you didn't just draw Nors out of retirement...

9. ohiocowboysfan25

ohiocowboysfan25 Active Member

647 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    I'm sure Jerry didn't have to twist JG or Romo's arm to go to the stadium and watch a college basketball game since they were spotted at a few others. Why would they not go when it's local for them and they enjoy watching it anyways? As far as the rest of the team, we don't know if JJ sent out a invite to only the local guys or maybe the whole team but they could be sitting somewhere else or just chose not to go. In the end this is a whole lot of talk about nothing.

10. Alexander

42,518 Messages
    30,212 Likes Received
    The SHANLE.

11. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

4,995 Messages
    2,238 Likes Received
    I'd "like" the negativity and nonsense to end....

Hostile likes this.
  12. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

8,622 Messages
    3,171 Likes Received
    The Jerry and Garrett supporters along with many "positive" posters will bash Shanle for his comments, but he is just one of many former players that has made statements about the attitude and team chemistry problems in Dallas. They get labeled as bitter and disgruntled former players, but the message remains the same. The atmosphere in Dallas is not that of a winning football team. Jimmy had the country club comments that are along the same lines. There us a big problem within the organization and it is a major factor in the lack of success on the field. The current culture in Dallas is not going to change with the current leadership. Garrett was part of a great team when he was playing for the Cowboys. He should know better. There is not much that can be done with the GM, so I guess fans are going to have to be happy with being entertained by 8-8 teams. I think the culture is as big of a problem as the lack of talent.

13. Idgit

45,709 Messages
    31,577 Likes Received
    These are interesting. Shanle was in Dallas through, what, 2006? We had a pretty good, young team at that time, too. I wonder who the 'me' players are referencing. From context, you'd have to assume it was Romo and Witten, since Demarcus is no longer with the team and Demarco wasn't there when Shanle was and so can't really have 'turned into' anything from Shanle's perspective.

14. Idgit

45,709 Messages
    31,577 Likes Received
    I would, too. Here's the thing, though: when it's fans making up stupid criticisms just to torture themselves and vent, or to try to irritate other more optimistic fans, it's one thing. When it's players and former players saying things publicly, well, you have to sort through what might be emotional investment on their part and weigh the comments critically, but it's an actual source close to the situation sharing their perspective. If that happens to be negative, then it is what it is, but it's still valuable insight into what the problems might be, and it helps us down the road when we try to interpret what Jason and team are doing with their decision making as a result.

I think the player and coach level criticisms are really interesting, generally. Similarly, when players tell you something about a young rookie and how he performs in camp, I weigh that stuff a lot more heavily than I do a guy on the internet who watched him in college or who adopted him as a pet cat for whatever reason.

Dodger12, birdwells1 and daveferr33 like this.
  15. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

36,197 Messages
    18,539 Likes Received
    I hear you and I'm not normally a basher or proponent of Garrett's, but what did he do wrong here?
    It seems that since Garrett has been here, he's been steadily trimming away at the old guard. There's almost nobody left. Plus I don't see him making excuses for players or running a loose ship.

The jury is out, I think, on him as a game-day coach--and whether he can continue to grow as one or if he'll never get there--but I don't really see him as a Wade Phillips type softie HC.

16. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,603 Messages
    1,742 Likes Received
    I think the culture is the problem.

Of course we always want to add talent, .. but we always seem to find the most unbelievable ways to lose games that we were good enough, and had talent enough to win.

Chocolate Lab likes this.
  17. Rockytop6

Rockytop6 Well-Known Member

2,076 Messages
    84 Likes Received

18. Idgit

45,709 Messages
    31,577 Likes Received
    He might get some blowback, but the positive group tends to be pretty positive about players and their opinions, overall. See my post, above. It's just part of the nature for people with the temperament to try to understand the content before reacting to it emotionally.

Of course, in this case, Shanle's also talking about the makeup of the team 7-8 years ago, with a little bit of recent informed input, I'm sure, from his former teammates. That was a very different picture at the time with TO and Patrick Crayton and a young defense and before Tony's big contracts, etc.

19. Alexander

42,518 Messages
    30,212 Likes Received
    He might not be talking about specific players but the culture that exists. No matter what, nobody can deny that Cowboys star players are basically like rock stars and the excessive self promotion of the brand never stops.

junk and birdwells1 like this.
  20. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

36,197 Messages
    18,539 Likes Received
    But NOBODY (certainly no starters or Head Coaches or Assist. Coaches) are even still here from 2005.
    That's huge gaping hole in this comment.
    And then he compares those junk teams to a SB winner. Of course the later would be closer and tighter knit. Is this guy really dumb or is he just overlooking the very obvious.

Now if this is only about Jerry, and nobody else, then maybe he as has point. The rest junk talk.

WoodysGirl likes this.