1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Coop & Nate: Cowboys WRs

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Sep 28, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
  2. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,547 Messages
    227 Likes Received
    I don't know what everyone expects from the WR corp when your starters are either out with injuries or playing hurt.

Let's recap, we have a reality show winner, a young player who is still learning, and a guy off the streets. Yep you guessed it, that is the recipe for success throwing the ball to the WRs.
  3. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

4,818 Messages
    374 Likes Received
    did we CHOOSE those WRs? Just asking.
  4. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,876 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I'm just asking because I don't know. Is it asking too much for a WR that's been on the team for three years and has played football all their lives to be able to read a blitz and adjust their route?
  5. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

3,721 Messages
    215 Likes Received
    I mean the coaches have to know but also players have to know. With the injuries we have had we have players in that are used to being brought in certain packages and running from certain places on the field. Being an end of line receiver is much different than being a slot guy. I mean it is very possible these guys get confused what they do because they usually run out of the slot in particular formation so there could be some bleed over from what their primary role on the team is slot 3rd, 4th, 5th WRs to being the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.
  6. Bullet22

Bullet22 Member

458 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I expect all receivers and players on the team to know the plays and run them correctly....