1. SPORGWIRE.com
    The Sports Newswire
    SPORGWIRE provides you with an easy way to keep up with the latest sports news,
    rumors, reviews, videos and more from sports sites all over the internet!
    Follow your favorite teams and sports leagues and
    the SPORGWIRE home page becomes your personal sports news site for the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

Signed by Cowboys Cooper agreed to terms

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by rpatricc, Jan 4, 2017.

1. ryanbabs

ryanbabs Well-Known Member

1,464 Messages
    833 Likes Received
    I think they already do, TBH...

2. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

31,243 Messages
    15,002 Likes Received
    Ok, "one of those guys".

I gladly invite you to share "what you think", I enjoy good conversation and debate. What I don't care for is people trying to tell me how I should think. That's not your place. That's not "alright" I hope you understand the distinction because some people still don't.

When you're telling me "There's reason for optimism. But not the degree of optimism you seem to be conveying" - your exact words above - that's exactly what you're doing. Maybe it was unintentional, but that was the message conveyed.

We're all good going forward. As I said, your comment was likely unintentional and I always enjoy good conversation and debate.

3. _sturt_

_sturt_ Well-Known Member

496 Messages
    437 Likes Received

I don't want to belabor the point, particularly b/c I think you've otherwise met me halfway and we're good. But for the record, I was stating what I think when I wrote "there's reason for optimism but not the degree of optimism you seem to be conveying." You were/are not told to not offer an opposing perspective (... apologies for the double negative, but it seems to better convey the point). Now, I suppose I could have added the words, "in my opinion" just to be clear, but I do already do that with some regularity in my posts, and I'd like to not have to end every thought posted with that phrase if I could just be afforded that inherent assumption. I'm just not "one of those guys" who feels it important to claim omniscience, but rather am content with my human-ness--though still attempting to offer, and making no apologies for offering, substantive opinion that's relatively well thought-out.

4. stasheroo

31,243 Messages
    15,002 Likes Received

I'm fine with hearing from you about what you think about the subject at hand, whatever that may be. What I take offense to is you telling me what you think of what I think or the validity of my opinion. There's where people cross a line and where they obviously don't see it.

What you could have said is that you didn't share my level of optimism or were less optimistic than I was. I would've been fine with that. I don't expect people to feel exactly the way that I do one way or another, that's unrealistic. But in your words, that's what you did. 'Reason for optimism, but not to my degree' as if someone appointed you the judge of such things and my position was somehow 'wrong'.

I hope this clears things up for you and that we're good going forward.

5. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

18,719 Messages
    41,439 Likes Received
    And hope they hate us more after we win the Super Bowl this Year !!!:lmao2::lmao::laugh:

6. stasheroo

31,243 Messages
    15,002 Likes Received
    Can you imagine that? And Cooper turning things around here? And Jaylon Smith being the player he was at Norte Dame?

They'd really have something to 'hate' then!
    :angry:

BAT and visionary like this.
  7. ColoCowboy

ColoCowboy New Member

3 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    The Cooper signing is a great example of option theory. Assuming he is with the team next year, the Cowboys have numerous options to high-grade the RT position and (seamlessly) back-filling for Leary if he is not resigned.

8. Qbert

Qbert Well-Known Member

581 Messages
    967 Likes Received
  9. John813

John813 Well-Known Member

3,542 Messages
    2,202 Likes Received
    Jerry been hitting the bottle.

Almost died? OMG LIKE I CAN'T EVEN

10. Texas_Pete

Texas_Pete Well-Known Member

3,589 Messages
    4,054 Likes Received

11. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

25,242 Messages
    5,878 Likes Received
    Sorry, folks...I never did buy into a label for Jerry as baboso...

12. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

8,315 Messages
    2,264 Likes Received
    Pretty simple really, you cannot spend those kind of resources on one group.

Teague31 likes this.
  13. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

8,901 Messages
    4,443 Likes Received
    The big 3
    Collins
    Green
    Cooper
    Looney
    Cleary

That's your OL next year

14. Texas_Pete

3,589 Messages
    4,054 Likes Received
    No Zach Martin?

15. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

8,901 Messages
    4,443 Likes Received
    He's one of the big 3 (Tyron, Fred, Zack)

Texas_Pete likes this.
  16. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

25,242 Messages
    5,878 Likes Received
    Or the man of la mancha...:)

17. Texas_Pete

3,589 Messages
    4,054 Likes Received
    Ah, gotcha. :thumbup: