1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cooper breaks leg

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Biggems, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,820 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    He was the consensus pick around here.....almost all of us wanted Cooper. However, we all knew he would be gone before we got anywhere near the podium.

Well, last night in their preseason game, while blocking downfield for a running play, his leg got clipped from behind. He is now out with a broken leg.

This is a very big blow to Cooper and the Cards. I hope he heals as quick as possible and gets back out there.
    newlander likes this.
  2. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,445 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    And I want to play our whole first team offensive line on Thursday. Have to rethink.
  3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,992 Messages
    7,729 Likes Received
    This just stinks. I'd skip the whole preseason, every year, if I were a HC and had the option. Nothing worse than losing a key guy like that to injury in a game that doesn't matter.

At least, if it's a straightforward break, it probably isn't going to negatively impact his whole career.
  4. MartinRamone

MartinRamone Well-Known Member

1,470 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    DeCastro last year, Cooper now. The top Guards are cursed.

I wish they would make preseason shorter, cant wait until they make season longer and preseason shorter.
  5. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    me too man....matter of fact, I hope to HECK we play all scrubs...we looked GOOD last night: why risk it?

......as for Cooper, I'm CONVINCED the Cards are snake bit similar to the Lions: they get a great player and he gets hurt like that....REAL shame because Cooper was DOMINATING. And it came in a game that didn't even COUNT.........brutal.
  6. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,832 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    There was a time there last night, on the last play of the first half, when the "scare" went thru all of the 'Boys faithful, that Sean Lee was hurt. We didn't just dodge a bullet, we dodged an artillery shell. Hope we learned from that!
    newlander likes this.
  7. newlander

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    romo got rolled up on too by Harrison or #55 (Buraflect?) and luckily his cleats released from the turf or it would've been a SURE shredded knee....Babe commmented on it and said the new turf is designed to do that....in other words, the cleats don't stick in the turf so ankles and knees aren't blown up
  8. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,361 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    i think you are thinking of murray
  9. Go Big D!

Go Big D! Destination End Zone

1,758 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No it was Romo and my heart skipped a beat or two.
  10. Hoods

Hoods Well-Known Member

1,009 Messages
    103 Likes Received
    I also think you're thinking of Murray.
  11. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    you are thinking of Murray.
  12. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,832 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    Romo....Murray.......Just thank the powers that be that it didn't turn out that way for either!
  13. newlander

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    NO we are NOT thinking of Murray, although he did get rolled up on as well. This was with approx. 11 min.'s left in the 3rd qtr. and Romo was rolled up on by Buraflect (sp?) ......#55 and they even showed it on slo mo replay. It was pretty darn dirty IMO....he didn't have to do it. Dang you guys are stubborn
  14. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,909 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    It was the 3rd Quarter? It did happen, though... I remember it well. Laufenberg commented that when new turf is put in it usually has a lot of traction and it was lucky that Romo's feet slipped out from under him.

I didn't think there was much luck involved. It looked to me that Romo 'rolled with the punches' so to speak-- kind of just went down the safest way possible.