1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cooper/Warmack

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Rack Bauer, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,729 Messages
    670 Likes Received
    If we don't come away with Cooper, Warmack, Warford or Fluker in the first--and yes, I think Warford sneaks in round 1 like Zeitler last year--then I'd want Thomas or Frederick in round 2.
  2. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,557 Messages
    4,135 Likes Received
    I've been anxiously awaiting the info on these 2 players. That is exactly where I thought that Cooper would weigh in. I'm surprised that Warmack came in under his college listed weight of 322.

The excellent arm length is just a bonus on top of the already known ability of these two players.

I'm curious to see how these two do in the speed/quickness measurables.
  3. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,525 Messages
    469 Likes Received
    Agreed. And I normally don't give two rat's behinds about the underwear Olympics but I do like to see how the OL does on the agility and the 10 meter "dash".

Other than that, what they do during this time has nothing to do with what type of football player they are, their game tape shows what type of player they are.

But for two players at the same position we're looking at, I like to see how they compare on the shuttle, 3 cone drill and the 10 yards.
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,139 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    This. Both are safe picks but too many holes on defense.
  5. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,139 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    Read Fluker down to 339.
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    every time I hear that- and its every year I hear that- I wonder how so many can be so blind
  7. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,139 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    Eric Edholm ‏@Eric_Edholm
    Wisconsin OL Travis Frederick, ready to chop down a few trees. pic.twitter.com/wxONjCXfyT
    View photo Reply Retweet Favorite More
  8. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,504 Messages
    1,493 Likes Received

That's really good for him. If he can get to say 335 and show some agility, he's a 1st round lock and a guy I would go get! I love the way he plays. I just hate that he is so slow out of his stance in pass protection.
  9. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,139 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    Fact: Kiffins defense wont work with current personnel. Huge holes on the D Line and Safety and one LB.
  10. xwalker

11,557 Messages
    4,135 Likes Received
    He really needed to come in lower than 339, IMO. At under 6-5, 339 is really heavy for an OT.
  11. xwalker

11,557 Messages
    4,135 Likes Received
    In my best Darren Hambrick voice, "What do chop down a few trees mean?".
  12. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Seeing OL is such an pressing need, that would be the best way to go about it.
  13. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,139 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
  14. xwalker

11,557 Messages
    4,135 Likes Received
    I would rate Cooper over Warmack for the Zone Blocking Scheme and possibly for all teams if he can really play Center.
  15. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,139 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    Walter Cherepinsky ‏@walterfootball
    #Arkansas G Alvin Bailey measures in at 6-3, 312. Impressive 34 3/4 arms. #NFLCombine - http://walterfootball.com/combine2013OL.php …
    Expand

Bill Rabinowitz ‏@brdispatch
    Reid Fragel just spoke with media at #NFLcombine. Weighed in at 308.6 lbs, height is 6-7 1/2. Frame, athleticism are main strengths.
    Expand

Walter Cherepinsky ‏@walterfootball
    #Alabama OT D.J. Fluker measures in at 6-5, 339 with super long 36 3/4 arms at #NFLCombine - http://walterfootball.com/combine2013OL.php …
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
  16. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    FACT: protect your franchize QB FIRST. You do realize that Romo has had at least ONE BROKEN BONE the last THREE YEARS?
  17. Nunez21

Nunez21 Active Member

246 Messages
    47 Likes Received
  18. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,139 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    Joe Person ‏@josephperson
    The irony of UNC G Jonathan Cooper wanting to gain weight? He was too big to qualify for Pop Warner, was waterboy for his brother's team.

:laugh2:

Joe Everett ‏@RookieDraft
    #UNC OG Jonathan Cooper on his toughest competition during his career; "#Clemson DT Jarvis Jenkins was definitely one of the toughest."

Will Brinson ‏@willbrinson
    Cooper asked if a guard worth a top five pick in the draft? "I dare say so."

Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler
    Cooper said his goal is 35 reps of 225 on the bench

Jonathan Cooper says he wants to "level out at 312, 315 [pounds]" and "maintain his speed and foot quickness"

Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler
    Cooper: "I'm a combination of power and athleticism...I'm comfortable with anything. I'm versatile to handle either."

Jon Dove ‏@Jon_Dove42
    Cooper sounds like a well spoken dude. only helps his already high draft stock. love how he's embracing possible center move

Cooper asked about Duke v UNC: "I wanted academics, athletics and the social aspect & I didn't know if Duke could provide me all of those."

#UNC OG Jonathan Cooper on Chance Warmack; "I'm just glad to have had a chance to meet him just to finally realize that he is human."
    Expand

Mario ‏@mario_clp
    Smart. RT @josephperson: Besides eating, Cooper says he's been working on snapping to show teams he can play guard or center.

Eric Edholm ‏@Eric_Edholm
    North Carolina OG Jonathan Cooper is quite engaging. Best quick guard in draft? Maybe. pic.twitter.com/SE1NE1kyLb

Matt Mosley ‏@mattmosley
    RT @LesBowen: UNC guard Jonathan Cooper bulked up to 312 for combine. He's a top prospect. http://bit.ly/XnSez8 -- Cowboys like this guy.

#UMC OG Jonathan Cooper; "We actually had a few gap schemes + we ran power when I got to NC. I can run anything." http://twitpic.com/c5okdz

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus
    Cooper comfortable playing in zone or gap scheme. Said he loves to pull and play in space. Said he has met with several teams.

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus
    Jonathan Cooper from North Carolina. Said he has played center in 2010. He weighs 312. pic.twitter.com/OZWIDBWTek
  19. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,139 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    Cooper's draft stock rises if he can play Center. Also if he got offered by Duke he is smart and of high character.
  20. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

5,748 Messages
    518 Likes Received
    everybody seems to know that the cowboys love Cooper.