1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cop arresting a 77 year old Grandmother

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by MonsterD, Sep 13, 2012.

1. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,683 Messages
    315 Likes Received
    I think the cop probably should have had more patience, it was very brief to go into arrest mode. That said the woman was being an idiot, you can hear her say while he is cuffing her that she was about to show her I.D. to him before-which is not true. On the news no one shows her saying that to the cop afterward.

[youtube]pOoDhka67sU[/youtube]
  2. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,910 Messages
    2,092 Likes Received
    Most cops are jerks.

To serve and protect has been replaced by arrogance and authoritative demeanor typically.
  3. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,557 Messages
    2,119 Likes Received
    Looks to me like he called her bluff. I think she was shocked that he would actually arrest her. She started out in a bad attitude right away.
  4. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,910 Messages
    2,092 Likes Received
    She's probably seen enough cops in action.
  5. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cops are serious ******bags.
  6. dez_for_prez

dez_for_prez Active Member

1,045 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Lady got smart, and was put in her place. I probably would have handled it differently but don't see anything wrong with it.
  7. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That is funny I have never ever had a problem with a cop and have had several cops give me warnings instead of tickets.

Amazing what happens when you treat people with some resemblance of manners understanding they are just doing their job.
  8. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    This is true. Why is it so hard for people to understand? Showing respect and behaving in a decent manner will get you treated in a fair and respectfull manner.
  9. numnuts23

numnuts23 Active Member

2,065 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Ding Ding, we have a winner!
  10. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ok, but what about if you show a cop NOTHING but respect, and he's still a dick? That's all i get where I live.
  11. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,453 Messages
    180 Likes Received

Stop getting pulled over all the time, then.
  12. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I had a cop mad at me once right outside Dallas driving up to a Cowboys game. I forgot about the speed limit change, I was changing lanes and did not see him point to me to pull over. he comes up behind me with lights on and I pull over. He comes all up in a huff I pointed for you to pull over and I was sorry office I did not see you point to me to pull over. He did the normal stuff you could tell he was mad but outside the ticket nothing happened.

I was calm plus I always have fun when people are mad by staying calm and rational love to use a monotone voice and ask questions it is classic.

I use to do that when I worked helped desk the screamers where the best one man I had so much fun at their expense.
  13. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Bingo. She thought she could just behave however she wanted and not do what the officer told her and she paid the price. Another idiot off the road, even if only for a short time. Cops really have a thankless job for all the crap they put up with.
  14. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,104 Messages
    1,301 Likes Received

It should have nothing to do with your attitude (which is protected free speech); police officers should not be deciding whom to arrest or how to act based on some personal feeling of being respected or disrespected, but should follow standard procedures and constitutionally approved laws.
  15. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    When a cop tells you to do something you do it. Have no problem with this.
  16. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    Yeah, some. Usually the younger ones who think they're above the law.
  17. BBQ101

BBQ101 Active Member

540 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    When the lady is belligerence and wont do what he asks, which is provide ID, what should happen?

I thought this was going to be some major deal where the officer abuses his authority and takes it out on some little old lady. After watching, she got exactly what she deserved.

If she had done what he asked, none of that would have happened. **** her. Good job Mr Police officer.

BBQ
  18. Denim Chicken

3,104 Messages
    1,301 Likes Received
    I didn't watch the video, I was just commenting on the sentiment that you need to behave in a certain way to have your rights maintained.

From the context of your comments, I would say the officer may or may not have acted correctly—depending on what is the law in that state about providing identification when requested. If it is an arrestable offence, then so be it.
  19. Denim Chicken

3,104 Messages
    1,301 Likes Received
    Good dog. Sit. Stay.
  20. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    If you show no respect to them, they will most likely not show any back to you. Pretty cut and dry. The lady failed to show id, she got arrested. Cop did nothing wrong. Lady wanted to try and be a smart mouth punk and she got what she deserved.. humiliation. We want cops to protect us yet some of us stick up for people who act like imbeciles and waste our police officers time with their nonsense. Funny to me how that is.