1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cop tasers 10 year old girl

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by TheCount, Nov 18, 2009.

1. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,007 Messages
    1,007 Likes Received
    http://www.prisonplanet.com/arkansas-cop-uses-taser-on-10-year-old-girl.html

It was an encounter one Ozark 10-year-old will likely never forget.

Called to a home to help control an allegedly “unruly child,” an Ozark police officer was reportedly told by the girl’s mother that he could use the electric weapon to subdue her, according to 40/29 News Arkansas.

However, the girl supposedly kicked the officer in the groin when he approached. “He had no other choice [but to Taser her],” Ozark Police Choief Jim Noggle reportedly said. “He had to get the child under control.”

According to the Associated Press, the officer’s name is Dustin Bradshaw. His aggressive approach to dealing with a child has the girl’s father enraged.

“If you can’t pick the kid up and take her to your car, handcuff her, then I don’t think you need to be an officer,” Anthony Medlock reportedly said.

Ozark police argued that had the officer grabbed the girl, he could have hurt her. “If you grab somebody, you can slip an arm out of joint,” the police chief added. “They can slip from you and fall on the ground.”

The department’s policy is to use a Taser on anyone who is thought to be a threat to others, regardless of age or mental stature, according to 40/29 News. Other area departments have greater restrictions on Taser use.

Medlock also reportedly said the incident is not the first in which the girl’s mother has called the police on her daughter. He plans to seek custody of the girl due to the latest police encounter.

The girl has not been named because she is a minor.

-----------

I'm not sure whether to get angry or applaud. :laugh2:
  2. Temo

Temo Active Member

3,723 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    Me too. :eek:

I've seen some kids get way out of hand before, I kinda/sorta can justify it. Maybe.
  3. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I'd taser her if she kicked me in the bells also. :laugh2:
  4. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,316 Messages
    1,807 Likes Received
    Hopefully, the media will follow-up with this story. If the child's father does gain custody, it will be interesting to find out how well he will be able to control his daughter without abusing her. You can point fingers at the other parent all you want, but you better be justified in doing so first.
  5. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,172 Messages
    5,718 Likes Received
    The issue I have is so many people get in an uproar with the use of corporal punishment. How can anybody justify the use of a taser?

I don't have a problem with corporal punishment, but I definitely have one about this cop's use of the taser.
  6. Signals

Signals Suspicious looking stranger

4,588 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Oh what a tangled web we weave. :laugh2:
  7. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    This thread is worthless without video.
  8. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Just use Bob to recreate it :laugh2:
  9. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,602 Messages
    536 Likes Received
    Did this alleged suspect weigh more than 70 lbs?:laugh2:
  10. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,736 Messages
    642 Likes Received
    Anyone having a problem with tasing this kid, is, well, ... (you figure it out).

What, are the cops supposed to know her age before tasing? Maybe the cop should ask for ID first before tasing. How is the cop supposed to know how old people are? Ridiculous. The kid was old enough to assault a cop. That is right. She is a criminal who assaulted a cop. This kid deserved the tasing. I'm tired of scumbag kids doing evil and hiding behind their age.

I'm sure teachers all around the US are probably smiling inside.

Parents today do not know how to discipline their children.

Maybe the cop should have given her a timeout?
  11. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Maybe she should stop kicking cops in the nuts.
    It's a hard world out there and there are repercussions to your actions. Good thing to learn at 10 and hopefully a lesson she won't forget.
  12. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,947 Messages
    415 Likes Received
    Dude she's 10 it's not like anyone is ever going to pass for an adult at that age, unless it's a Saudi Arabian marriage debate :laugh2:

This tread would be far more funny if it had a video
  13. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,302 Messages
    4,462 Likes Received
    +1

Reminds me, we need a taser icon.
  14. xWraithx

xWraithx Benched

3,449 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The kid kicked the cop in the balls, eh? That's deserving of a 10 minute long tasering session!
  15. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Or a beatdown :laugh2:
  16. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,313 Messages
    1,208 Likes Received
    If you taser someone they will fall on the ground, so the police chief should use another example as to why a tazer is sometimes the correct choice.
  17. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    The kid in this story seems like a complete out-of-control brat. Her parents have clearly done a lousy job raising her.

That said, it seems more than a little bit inappropriate for a cop to be tasering an unarmed child.

My son is 9 and is decent-sized for his age. He plays tackle football and can hit pretty hard. And even with all that, I can't imagine not being able to physically subdue him without resorting to tasering.

In the story it says that the kids mom suggested using the taser and I bet you after that, the cop figured he could do it and no one would complain if the kid's own mom was suggesting it.
  18. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If an officer has a difficult time subduing a 10-year-old girl, that officer needs more training and//or better fitness.

If you can't win a matchup against a preteen girl, how are you going to handle a young adult male?
  19. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    I don't think it was a matter of being unable to subdue the girl. Seems more like a "getting what you have coming" type of move. Sounds terrible but if you're gonna kick a cop in the pills, you'd better be ready to ride the lightning.
  20. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    Tazer and pepper spray?