Cops initiate girl into a crime

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by MonsterD, Jun 30, 2013.

1. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

4,606 Messages
    856 Likes Received
  2. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler

10,173 Messages
    5,031 Likes Received
    Seems they needed more than 7 agents to take down a young woman, pathetic. Even if it was beer, does it really require guns drawn and vandalizing the car?? Just a tad overboard guys :confused:
  3. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,723 Messages
    942 Likes Received
    "undercover agents from the state's Alcohol Beverage Control division"

lol
    Future likes this.
  4. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

476 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    A long time ago my friend got pulled over while drinking a Barq's root beer from a can, because it looks very similar to a Coors Light can. When the officer realized his mistake instead of thinking it was funny he became MORE of a jerk I guess because he was embarrassed.
  5. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

4,577 Messages
    4,260 Likes Received
    I think they had a few too much to drink themselves. lol
  6. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and brew... Staff Member

22,678 Messages
    3,709 Likes Received
    Seems their efforts could be better spent elsewhere or at least not all in one area. Sheezzz.
  7. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,603 Messages
    1,738 Likes Received
    Incompetence.

One uniformed police officer could have handled the situation, found it was water, and that would have been that.
  8. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl U.N.I.T.Y Staff Member

71,720 Messages
    14,377 Likes Received
    I just read the full story on this and while I'm glad they dropped the charges, I'm with whoever said a uniformed cop would've made this situation a whole lot easier. SMH
    ---------------------------

ABC says it's reviewing arrest of UVa student who bought bottled water

State Alcoholic Beverage Control officials said Friday that they're reviewing an incident in which agents arrested a University of Virginia student on felony charges after she attempted to flee officers who suspected a crate of bottled water to be a case of beer.

ABC spokeswoman Kathleen Shaw said in the agency statement released Friday afternoon that agents were working the area that night, concentrating on underage possession enforcement. Shaw said a female agent saw "what appeared to be an underage person in possession of what appeared to be a case of beer."

"The agent identified herself as a police officer and was displaying her badge. The agents were acting upon reasonable suspicion. Other agents did not join the incident until the subject refused to cooperate. Rather than comply with the officers' requests, the subject drove off, striking two officers."

“She was not arrested for possessing bottled water, but for running from police and striking two of them with a vehicle. We take all citizen complaints seriously," the ABC statement said, "and the matter is currently under review by the ABC Bureau of Law Enforcement."

More: http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/l...cle_1e7dd982-e057-11e2-b032-0019bb30f31a.html
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Benched

43,820 Messages
    3,379 Likes Received

in other words they are trying to buy her off. they know if she sues them they are toast. Not in uniform- at night- 7 men advancing on her- real easy to make a case that running was the smart thing to do
  10. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,242 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    Boy, it seems that the ABC divisions everywhere are filled with Bozos. I've heard more tales of TABC hijinks than I'd care to mention.
  11. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Here is a young girl who innocently buys some water and all of sudden some stranger appears and demands to know what she bought from a store, sure that total stranger flashed some sort of badge, but she doesn't know how authentic that badge is and with all the bad things occurring nowadays, especially with young women, one can't be careful enough so I don't blame her reaction.
  12. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

9,568 Messages
    1,982 Likes Received
    Easy as ABCd...hahaha
  13. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

24,820 Messages
    4,181 Likes Received
    And as she said she didn't know what the person wanted and to put down her window she turned on her car. Once she turned on her car is when the idiots come flying out with guns drawn.
  14. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

34,591 Messages
    3,935 Likes Received
    This type of stuff is a little ridiculous.

First and foremost, just about every college kid is drinking. You aren't stopping them at all by screwing over a couple of kids and charging them with an MIP. This money would be better spent by offering resources that help keep these kids stay safe once they have inevitably consumed alcohol. These scare tactics where kids are caught, charged, and have something on their record they have to explain from there on out are flat out petty.
    PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  15. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

7,052 Messages
    4,180 Likes Received
    Shouldn't the goal be to crack down on the stores selling it to these kids? I don't see the purpose of staking out in a parking lot trying to catch people who look young (who may be of age) with something that looks like alcohol.
    Doomsday and PA Cowboy Fan like this.
  16. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

13,131 Messages
    1,955 Likes Received
    Yep. They should investigate the buyer tho. Make sure they aren't tanked when driving off with more beer.

But I agree.............target the sellers. Everyone knows who they are............
  17. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

4,377 Messages
    2,817 Likes Received
    I've always wondered what would happen if you removed the label from an IBC rootbear bottle and drank it while driving.
    PA Cowboy Fan likes this.