1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Corey Wootton

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BaybeeJay, Mar 18, 2014.

1. guag

guag Right Kind of Guy

6,429 Messages
    1,353 Likes Received
    Can't tell if you mean explode from excitement, or explode from disgust.

[IMG]
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,999 Messages
    5,037 Likes Received
    Either. For me I'd be happy. If we could solidfiy the DL for years that would be a huge step in helping the bottom line. It all starts up front. Dominate the line everyone else's job is made easier. Do I sound like Risen?
  3. guag

guag Right Kind of Guy

6,429 Messages
    1,353 Likes Received
    I'm 100% in agreement. It all starts with the D line. I feel like that's the foundation of the defense and you can't have too many solid players to rotate in there.
  4. BaybeeJay

BaybeeJay Active Member

445 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    This is a guy they can bring in cheaply, and cut if younger players look competent. Crawford, Mincey, Selvie + a draft pick and/or undrafted players sounds like a recipe for disaster. Not that Wootton give much more confidence, but it makes more sense to me.
  5. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,018 Messages
    552 Likes Received
    I'm with you and I was a pro-Ayers guy until recently. Ayers had exactly seven sacks in three years before this last year when he had 5.5. Wooton had seven sacks in one season prior to last and he can't rush the passer???? I like his upside better than Ayers and think going back to playing end would do him wonders, guy is too light to play tackle. He can challenge Selvie or maybe even start over him with a good camp.
    AmishCowboy and BaybeeJay like this.
  6. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,731 Messages
    347 Likes Received
  7. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,366 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    Common Sense likes this.
  8. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,247 Messages
    1,260 Likes Received
    I'm pretty confident Marinelli knows something we don't about him. He at least would have been brought into town.
    stasheroo likes this.
  9. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,383 Messages
    622 Likes Received
    Yes sir.
  10. Corleone

Corleone Well-Known Member

1,038 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    I would've liked him for depth but I heard he was a terrible pass rusher so it's no big deal. I prefer Carrington. I wish we would bring him in for a visit. He could platoon with a rookie or Crawford(depending on where he plays) or be a backup. Not much left out there, he's been named as a potential value/bargain by several outlets.
  11. Corleone

Corleone Well-Known Member

1,038 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    I love the hell out of your Mock! Not sure if Donald will be there but who knows, love Jimmy and Davis in those rounds, that would be great for us.
    Nirvana likes this.
  12. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,781 Messages
    223 Likes Received
    This team needs to finally draft quality defensive lineman including pass rush players that can be found deep in this draft.

The overpay scenario and clinging to former older talent which has caused performance and cap problematics could have been avoided if this were addressed progressively in the draft.

I have no problem with adding DL role players outside of Melton (cap friendly this year) but apparently Wooten was not on their radar.

They have drafted some quality OL the several years and it has made a huge difference ( though a G and RT prospect or two could still help).

They may still add some free agent pieces as the prices continue to drop but I doubt it will be anything significant.

I can live with this fact if they actually address the DL and corresponding pass rush as much as possible in this years draft.

They may still need to add more defense next year through free agency and the draft to push deeper but at least a foundation can be laid this off season.
  13. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,064 Messages
    1,742 Likes Received
    Exactly what I was thinking.
  14. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,449 Messages
    3,014 Likes Received
    Glad Wooton's not headed to Dallas.
  15. Common Sense

Common Sense Well-Known Member

1,520 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    There was some interest there. Maybe they were waiting for his price to go down. I'm not sure what made them decide to lock up Mincey over Wootton, though. Maybe injury?