1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cortez could take this team down

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Nors, Aug 29, 2005.

1. DanTanna

DanTanna Original Zone Member Zone Supporter

2,120 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    Cortez consistently kicks into the endzone. Thay may very well save us 7 points per game.

I'll give him two shanked field goal attempts per game, we're still ahead 1 point.
  2. CactusCowboy

CactusCowboy Benched

1,861 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I believe they will bring on the loser of the matt Bryant and the other kid's battle.....
  3. DLK150

DLK150 The Quiet Man

1,311 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Todd France? That's a possibility.
  4. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Actually most kickers establish accuracy early in career.

Cortezz is John Daly - Long and wild. Man shanks really grate on you. Its bad enough "just missing" But those Shanks are gut killers.

Adam JT did this in offseason - Cundiff and net return yardage was very high up in NFL... ITS A MYTH THAT CUNDIFF'S KO'S HURT THE TEAM.
  5. TobiasEagle77

TobiasEagle77 Member

887 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like your avatar though
  6. PaEagleHater

PaEagleHater New Member

252 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    sign Elling after the Vikes cut him, forget about Cundiff, send Cortez on his way.
  7. dallasblue05

dallasblue05 New Member

1,286 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think it is hilarious how 2 guys can watch the same kicker, in the same game, ON THE SAME KICK, lol, and one think he's horrible, and one think s he has a stronger leg and is more accurate. Granted you can go on what have you done before, or what have you done for me lately, but really all that matters is what can you do now. I think guy has a shot to prove himself, he seems to have to tools to do so (and I dont mean a leg, lol), so I say let him do his thang until it hurts our team, then boot his arse out!!
  8. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,392 Messages
    1,248 Likes Received
    I agree. This guy is NOT the answer. In another post I said it would surprise me none if he cost us 2 games this year. This may be the biggest 'need' position on the team right now and should NOT be overlooked or taken for granted. Not with this guy.
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

73,858 Messages
    976 Likes Received
    I don't know if Cortez is the answer or not but there are not a lot of kickers out there to choose from. Had Cundiff not been injured I think the job would have been his but an injured kicker is useless to a team. At this stage if Cortez continues making the kicks I think he remains on the team if he falters Dallas can always call on Cundiff once he is over his injury or look for another kicker but I doubt anyone who could be picked up I doubt will have a great resume of his own.
  10. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

18,136 Messages
    661 Likes Received
    I doubt we end up with Cortez long term.

I am sure after final cuts we start seeing kickers brought in to compete.
    But yea we should be concerned about him because his accuracy is atrocious.
  11. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

73,858 Messages
    976 Likes Received
    In the past it has been but thus far he has done a good job. Sorry I think kickers can improve their game. Cortez is getting his chance and if he does good this thrusday then I think he makes the team.
  12. Dallas4ever

Dallas4ever Active Member

2,547 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    One is enough for me considering his track record.

See you later........... Bye.:D
  13. Dayton Cowboy

Dayton Cowboy Active Member

1,847 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    As mentioned before.. I'm keeping an eye on the Bucs and the Vikes kicking battle.... Seems that both of them are fairly close, and will more than likely go down to that final cut..
  14. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,218 Messages
    107 Likes Received
    We will rue the day? People are so dramatic.

Cundiff was hurt and couldn't kick. Who do you cut to keep him on the roster?

Is a mediocre kicker worth that?

I doubt Cortez sticks so I am not too worried about it. I am betting the loser of the TB kicking battle ends up in Dallas. They already tried to trade for one kicker as well.

But, heck, lets cut the starting OLB and eventual depth and keep a kicker!
  15. MrMom

MrMom Active Member

1,538 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Cortez for Pres!
  16. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ali Haji Shank still available?
  17. TheHustler

TheHustler Active Member

5,390 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yep. This guy is awful. I am shocked anytime he makes ANY field goal.
  18. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,179 Messages
    1,449 Likes Received
    I liked Cundiff, too, and thought he got a lot of unwarranted grief. But Nors, you do realize that he was injured, right?...

I agree with you though -- Cortez is a ticking time bomb. If we keep him all year, he will cost us games. The good news is that we realize he's not that good (see the attempted Marler trade), and if someone better comes available, I suspect we'll snap them up.
  19. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    WAKE UP CORTEZ

And make up in 2nd half.

When is Cundiff resigned? What week?
  20. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,218 Messages
    107 Likes Received
    Hopefully on the 12th.....of never.