1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Couchscout's Midseason Report

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by couchscout, Nov 7, 2012.

1. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,839 Messages
    1,168 Likes Received

I like how people forgot about the games he cost us last year and instead try to focus on his stats alone. The Wheels are falling off with this guy and on top of it all he doesn't seem to care as much anymore. This game against Philly will be a season ender if we lose and he just seems nonchalant about it. So tired of that attitude on this football team. Where is the angst? Very few players here seem hungry or motivated to me.
  2. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,628 Messages
    584 Likes Received
    No kidding. Romo is a professional. To just assume he sucks now because his wife is undermining his career is ridiculous.

Don't throw him under the bus because he has a family now.
  3. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Active Member

957 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    Nice post, CS. Encouraging news about Garrett. Sad about Romo. I've always liked him. And Dez is JUST FRUSTRATING TO ME, so I can't imagine how frustrating he is to Romo. I agree, at least give Harris and Beasley a shot. I'm afraid we won't see them until the season is officially lost.
  4. JakeCamp12

JakeCamp12 Well-Known Member

2,098 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    Funny, if you watch the Jimmy Johnson football life clip, one thing he says point blank.."hit me in the head with a hammer the next time I draft a stupid player."

I guess Dez falls under this group. All of those rumors that Dez would not see another contract in Dallas may be a lot more than rumors. You can not win with a roster of project players in the NFL. Draft picks are too valuable to waste every year. Until this team drafts better year after year, our franchise will continue to hover at 8-8 to 10-6. That is the cold hard facts.
  5. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,200 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    Excellent post, thanks for sharing your insight into the team, it is always nice to get an educated opinion.

The first player that everyone thinks of when you hear Jimmy say that is Dez! Makes you wonder, it does seem like Jason has taken that to heart, just look at the last 2 drafts. I remember some of the posters talking about that during the draft, how Jason seems to be going after smart football players, captains, etc..
  6. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,580 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    I'd give Johnny Manziel from A & M a shot as a developmental QB. I've only watched one of their games this year, but the kid looked very accurate, with zip on the ball and a nice release. Plus, he can scramble/run. And he protects the ball well. He has a very good TD/INT ratio. I don't have any idea how high he will go in the draft, though.
  7. Gorgeyhopper

Gorgeyhopper Member

111 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    He's a redshift freshman I believe.
  8. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Haha funny He has Two more years before you see him even be ready to think about the draft. The Kid is on the road to a first round pick if he keeps stepping up his game. He is just a redshirt freshman.
  9. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,245 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    I love Manziel but looks a bit small. He looks like Jeff Garcia.
  10. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He is 6'1" little taller than Brees. He is running a similar offense to what Brees did in college.

Summlin learned his offense under Joe Tiller and Kingsbury is of course from Leech. Two guys that have made the spread famous and popular in college football.

Maybe he will end up with Sean Peyton as His Headcoach in the NFL he could only be so lucky
  11. JakeCamp12

JakeCamp12 Well-Known Member

2,098 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    I find it funny how everyone blames Dez. You can blame him only to a certain point. If he is not studying and watching film, then it is his fault. If he is doing that and his brain is not wired to understand what is going on, then it is not his fault, it is the Cowboys. You can say the Wonderlic is not important, but obviously to a point it is. Dez with all of his incredible physical skills may just wind up being an average player. He is who he is and will go down as another bust. But I blame the Cowboys for drafting him knowing he had some deficiencies that they may not be able to overcome. Dez dropped for a reason, and we are seeing why.
  12. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,207 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Noshame.

If Burm and I agree on something it is rare.

It also means the point we are making is so obvious that anyone can see it.
  13. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,906 Messages
    4,736 Likes Received
    Yes, it's obvious. I betcha there'll be other posters who have issues with what we got out of our QB last year, though. You just know it.
  14. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,245 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    my son goes to A&M and has run into Manziel and says they're both the same height which is 5-11. Which is about the same size as Brees or Vick
  15. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Would not be the first time players are listed taller than they are :laugh2:
  16. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,245 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    you know it.
  17. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,041 Messages
    1,046 Likes Received
    Standing next to Aikman in an interview earlier this year Brees looked more like 5-10. Troy 6-3 or 4 was a full head taller. Manziel reminds me of a slightly bigger Doug Flutie.
  18. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,245 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    True since Flutie was 5-9 or as Tom Landry described: shorter than Joe Montana's girlfriend.
  19. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,330 Messages
    691 Likes Received
    Newsflash, QB's are supposed to win games, they are the ones who pull it out. It happens all around the league, you people act like Romo is the only Qb who wins games. Well he's not.

It's when they give them away it's an issue, and there's less than a handful that do that on a regular basis.

Then they're gone.
    Time will tell.
  20. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,207 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I actually expect the horrors to continue.

There are more difficiencies on this offense than I can remember seeing in a LONG time: a center that can't block, the starting RB out, two WRs who are morons, the other two receivers consistantly double covered, penalties galore. Teams are playing cover 2, 6 man fronts, forcing Dallas to dink and dunk down the field, knowing that sooner or later they will make a mistake. And sure enough, Dallas has been handing out turnovers like candy on Halloween.

Yes, Romo is having a **** year, and I'm not going to sit here and say all of the above should absolve him of blame, but some of his poor performance IS due to these issues. Not all, but some.