1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Could coach Mike Woicik be the problem...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by lqmac1, Dec 26, 2012.

1. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,746 Messages
    5,908 Likes Received
    That is a good theory.

Some players might have issues due the the change to Woicik's training style from a different style. If correct, then the 2nd year should be much better. One year is not that long in terms of physical training.
  2. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,759 Messages
    707 Likes Received
    Since when has that ever stopped anybody?
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,751 Messages
    10,046 Likes Received
    Oh, I think I know.

The guy's got a fist full of Super Bowl rings to convince me he's not the problem.
  4. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,664 Messages
    524 Likes Received
    Am I missing something here? The only muscular injuries I'm aware of are Ratliff's groin/abdominal deal and Miles' hamstring. Miles while he may not be 100% has managed to start in every game Other than that, the other injuries have been in-game injuries you simply can not avoid.

I'm not even counting the rookies for obvious reasons.
  5. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

1,305 Messages
    450 Likes Received

.... Yeah, Since he was at the sole reason the Pats and 'Boys won them!
  6. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,115 Messages
    4,580 Likes Received
    It's not magic but an art and science. There is nothing mystical about it. Some of us have worked with professional athletes and have a lot of training.
  7. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,093 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    Maybe, but I think it is more of a reflection on how well the players do on their own in the offseason and how well they stay in football shape. If a player like Miles who has isues with Hamstrings does not stay in sprinting shape in the offseason, training camp is going to take a huge toll .
  8. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,163 Messages
    864 Likes Received
    He's great. Or a dud. Or anywhere in between.

And there isn't a single person on this message board who can truly answer that question beyond just speculation.
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    Right now Miles seems to have that extra gear he was missing.
  10. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,552 Messages
    1,813 Likes Received
    Not necessarily...pulled hamstrings, or pulled anything from that matter, can occur when it is pushed harder than it is conditioned for. That's why you see things like back injuries when you haven't lifted anything in a long time and pulled muscles are more common early in the season than later.

I think the coaches and players are to blame equally, but its conditioning, not hydration that leads to a lot of these injuries.
  11. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    It can, you also see a lot of pulled hamstring from sprinters in track and field. They put a lot of strain on the hamstrings and it is a very common injury. Yet these guys are in top condition.
  12. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,115 Messages
    4,580 Likes Received
    You're right. No one can tell you exactly what the problem is with Austin. But we told you what causes hamstring injuries and one is previous injury. We know he's had those. That leaves two reasons left. Or all three.

If all you're going to do is be antagonistic to the other members then find another thread to post in.
  13. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,552 Messages
    1,813 Likes Received
    I don't mean that dehydration doesn't lead to injuries, but that strain, as you mentioned, does.

The reason sprinters pull muscles is because, no matter how hard they train, it does not provide a real parallel to that extra gear that's needed in a race. Pushing just a little bit harder than before can do a lot of damage to a muscle.
  14. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,392 Messages
    579 Likes Received
    i blame the hydration manager
  15. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    I think looking for blame is a bit much. Austin does do a lot of work and conditioning and guys like Woicik have been doing this job for a living for many years I do think they know and understand how to work with players.

As for the extra gear that too is required from WR who constantly changing speed and cutting on it.