1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Could RGIII steal the top pick in the draft away from Luck just as he did the Heisman

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Aikbach, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
  2. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,491 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    I mean I know everybody is convinced that Andrew Luck is the greatest prospect in years, but I could see them making a pretty solid argument for it.

When Mario Williams went #1 overall, everyone thought it was a foregone conclusion that Reggie would be the #1 pick overall until a few days before the draft. But neither of those two are QB's.
  3. Aikbach

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Right but don't forget hometown hero Vince Young was in the mix too, some even said Matt Leinhart was a can't miss.

Ultimately i think both these quarterbacks are gems, there won't be a Manning/ leaf scenario or the even more atrocious Carr/ Harrington one.
  4. SkinsFan82

SkinsFan82 Member

286 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Just wait till tomorrow night after seeing Luck light it up at his pro day in an ultra controlled environment like RG3 had and this talk will die back a little bit.

It is kind of funny though that after the past month so many Redskins fans have bought into the idea of RG3 that if he were to go at #1 and Luck falls to #2 there would be a slight sense of disappointment. I know it sounds kind of ridiculous but everyone has become sold on the idea that as far as offensive schemes go RG3 is the best possible fit for the Redskins. It may be true, time will tell.
  5. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    There is no way, the Colts have visions of Manning II and Luck was hand delivered.

Not saying he's that clear cut better but for the Colts, the image and what they do the answer is not any more simple. They were simply there doing their homework and hoping to drive someone in a frenzy in hopes another team will mortgage their next 2 years in draft picks.
  6. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,141 Messages
    4,600 Likes Received
    While I think Griffin may turn out to be the more difficult QB to defend, I think Luck is the least risk. I suspect Griffin will do very well but we don't know that. Luck could fail too but he seems to have all the tools including the mental part. Plus the Colts seem to already have their mind made up..

Maybe Washington will make them an offer they can't refuse although not sure they have any ammo to do so.
  7. 2hawkes

2hawkes Benched

18 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Could RGIII steal the top pick in the draft away from Luck just as he did the Heisman

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

one word DOUBTFUL

he will be a hated Redskin are you switching teams aibach :eek:

I am glad he woh the heisman only 2 other QB hiesman winners have won the

SB

then be

Paul Horning
    R Staubach

are you comparing him to them

DREAM ON
  8. Aikbach

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Someone took their hyperbole pills.:rolleyes:
  9. 2hawkes

2hawkes Benched

18 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  10. Aikbach

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Good to see Uno is back, what's this like the third user name you've adopted after getting banned trolling on Rg3 threads?

Pretty interesting for user that just signed up this month to already doing the act, should've bought yourself some time and eased in to it.:rolleyes:
  11. 2hawkes

2hawkes Benched

18 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    exaggeration, overstatement

:confused: :rolleyes:

who the is this made up friend of yours

what he'd do school you in something

I know the Coilts have Luck already picked

junior
  12. 2hawkes

2hawkes Benched

18 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If Hodge says RG3....then the decison on who to take is simple.....go with Luck. Hodge is clueless!

In my opinion I think Andrew Luck will have the most success in the NFL. 3 reasons why.

1: The Size, now i know 2 inches isnt much of a difference, but in the NFL every inch can help sling it over those big lineman with more ease power and most of all Accuracy.

2: Experience, no im not talking about NFL experience im talking about the Pro style offense and getting a little feel for the system. now the Colts system without a doubt will be way differents and complex but he has some feel for it.

3: this reason is really just strengthening the 2nd reason... he can check in and out of plays based on the defense unlike others who check by coach or prematured audibles and really knows how to manipulate a defense. odds are he definately wont be doing that near as easy as he did in college but with
    good coaching and a few seasons under his belt he will be an elite QB i think

The fact that Luck has done it for an extended period of time, has the prototypical body, an NFL pedigree, played in a pro-style offense? Yeah, that definitely sounds like the race card to me. Keep being a clown, it suits you well!

what ever you want to believe

MERRIL HODGE - LMAO - A FINE JUDGE OF QB'S
  13. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,126 Messages
    3,204 Likes Received
    Tony Dorsett (1), Jim Plunkett (2), Marcus Allen (1), Desmond Howard (1), Charles Woodson (1), and Reggie Bush (1) would all like a word with you. 3 of them have been Super Bowl MVPs.
  14. 2hawkes

2hawkes Benched

18 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And Mike Garrett and George Rogers would like a word with you

1991 Desmond Howard Michigan WR Green Bay
    1981 Marcus Allen USC HB Raiders
    1980 George Rogers SC HB Washington
    1976 Tony Dorsett Pitt HB Dallas
    1970 Jim Plunkett Stanford QB Raiders
    1965 Mike Garrett USC HB Kansas City
    1963 Roger Staubach Navy QB Dallas
    1956 Paul Hornung Notre Dame QB Green Bay
  15. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    and than luck refuses to play for the redskins...:lmao:
  16. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,550 Messages
    731 Likes Received
    Of course RG3 looked awesome, everything he did was entirely scripted. He still doesn't take the first pick though.

Guys consider this though about Luck, his forty time was almost identical to Cam Newton's forty time at the Combine. Luck also had a better vertical too so don't count out Luck's athletic ability.
  17. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,126 Messages
    3,204 Likes Received
    Why would they? I haven't made any false statements about them like you did about those other Heisman winners?
  18. Aikbach

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    No one is, i think both QB's will be great, but Luck is no longer thought of as the slam dunk choice.

In other words if RG3 was picked first instead of second it wouldn't be a great surprise nor groaned about.
  19. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,313 Messages
    4,648 Likes Received
    He said QBs but to be fair he left off Plunkett and you had him on your list. However the others you listed were not Heisman Winning QBs who went on to win a superbowl.
  20. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,313 Messages
    4,648 Likes Received
    Was it RGIII's pro day or was it the pro day for the Baylor Players?

I could see the Colts having Luck locked up and now looking for players later in the draft...say a Blake to replace a departing Saturday at center or a Kendall Wright at WR to replace Garcon should Wright fall out of the first.