1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Could we pull off a trade for Revis?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

2,933 Messages
    233 Likes Received
    I seriously have to stop coming here. This place is gonna end up giving me an aneurism.
  2. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,915 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    I had to google that term.

I don't really think it is a fail, the forum is for discussion. If you don't like the topic don't come in it. A variety of topics is good.
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,472 Messages
    2,367 Likes Received
    That's what I said...keep them coming.

But (1) Aquire Revis with a freaking 1st rounder PLUS Carr" or (2) Romo is getting same perception as Delhomme ...
    is 0 for 2, imo. :rolleyes:

Just because I disagree does not mean I'm right by any means. Well, in my mind it does, but you get the picture. :)
  4. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    Actually you are right on both counts.
  5. Cowboy Brian

11,915 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    The 1st I could understand but no one takes Romo seriously outside of our fans at this point. People take him as a joke as everyone took Delhomme a few years ago. Not to say he performs on the that level, he doesn't.
  6. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,472 Messages
    2,367 Likes Received
    For example, one of my best friends in New York is a huge Giants ("Gints") fan. He was a greatt athlete, football and hoops player, and a huge fan of all the major sports. He thinks Romo is outstanding--though, of course, he would never trade Eli for him.
    I have plenty of friends thatare fans of the Jets, Bears, Falcons..and especially relatives who are Panthers, Bengals, Saints and Ravens fans. Very few are so dense to think that Romo is like Delhomme. They are too informed to fall for that garbage.

There are some out there, but the correlation is usally based on football IQ. Not always, but very often that's the case.
  7. Cowboy Brian

11,915 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    You are right. The people you are describing are the 5% or possibly more of informed football fans. Most people who watch the games casually don't follow that closely and are many populists.
  8. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,176 Messages
    2,021 Likes Received
    This.
  9. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,176 Messages
    2,021 Likes Received
    Going to make a general statement here.

Do not try to drive threads to the weeds by derailing them with off topic posts. This thread, however good or bad, is about an entirely different subject. You want to discuss cats, please post a thread in the Off Topic Zone and discuss. Please don't divert a thread in this manner.

Thank you,

ABQ
  10. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,722 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  11. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

2,904 Messages
    1,673 Likes Received
    We just invested in 2 CB's who I believe will contribute for years to come. Any trade of players of ours would have cap penalties attached. If our FO entertains bringing in a DB it needs to be a safety. I'd rather go after Ed Reed than chase Revis. It would be a cheaper option.
  12. DavidS

DavidS Well-Known Member

1,144 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    Dear God man....

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
  13. rathalarge

rathalarge Active Member

1,607 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Yep... It's Madden!!
  14. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    As long in the tooth as Ed Reed is getting, I would prefer him to Sensabaugh. I'd even take a flyer on Ronde Barber. But I hope FS is addressed in this draft.
  15. ak47kaehu

ak47kaehu Active Member

309 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    Don't need revis! Our corners aren't the problem. Focus on upgrading the trenches on both sides of the ball!
  16. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,504 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    Not everyone is saying he sucks, his numbers for regular season games that don't mean anything are great.

What many are simply observing is that when it comes time to play balls out, you know when it really counts, that's when a real choke artist does his best work.

Hence the name Choke Artist.

:cool:
  17. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,465 Messages
    2,881 Likes Received

Carr + 1st rounder for Revis?

WOW..................seriously, wow.:lmao2:
  18. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    To answer the original question....no, I don't want to trade for Revis and don't want to guess what it would cost. The guy is coming off knee surgery, is a little older and we are invested in others. Look what happened when Eagles got Asa. You never know what will happen to guys in other schemes. Not ready to bust the cap...some more... For that chance.
  19. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,242 Messages
    1,447 Likes Received
    Right, and you put yourself & DFWJC in the top 5% of fans right? Do you read what you have posted? Trade Carr + a #1 for Revis? What on earth are you talking about? You are certainly in the top 5% of fans alright, there are only about 5% of fans that would want to trade Carr for Revis & a #1.

:banghead:
  20. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,406 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    I wouldn't trade for Revis at all. I think he is too much primadonna...not enough beast mode, I also don't see him as a leader.

But certainly not worth that kind of money.