1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Cowboy buzz from NFP

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by RS12, Nov 23, 2012.

1. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,574 Messages
    2,449 Likes Received
    If that is truly the case then I am annoyed to no tomorrow. He has a cost controlled football team and a franchise that brings in more money than any other. If the Yankees can pay $200m year after year, he can afford to pay $120m one year.
  2. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,424 Messages
    1,113 Likes Received
    What exactly is wrong with what he said? Do you deny that Jerry Jones has hired assistants and told the incoming coach that he has to work with who is on staff?
  3. Howardlittleton64

Howardlittleton64 Benched

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You fire Coach Garrett everyone needs to go.
  4. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,139 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    If Garrett doesn't improve his record by the end of the season he's gone.
  5. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

946 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    jerry has given Garrett anyone he wanted aka The right kind of guys. Garrett has had the reign to do what he wanted from players to staff. That isnt the problem. The problem is Garretts inability to manage game time situations from clock management , proper use of personel, to being both the HC and the OC.
  6. Howardlittleton64

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Mr. Jones is as much of the problem. Free reign? Like when Garrett said that he wouldn't carry two kickers and Jerry said Behler wasn't going anywhere?
  7. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,871 Messages
    2,045 Likes Received
    Nothing that Jerruh does should be a surprise.
  8. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,871 Messages
    2,045 Likes Received
    A coach that can only win with his kinda guys is pretty limited IMO.

A good coach can find ways to win with the players he has, even if they arent exactly his kinda guys. He puts them in a position to succeed and designs a gameplan and/or system that utilizes their strengths.

So either Garrett doesnt have enuff of his kinda guys that are good enough to win at this level, or he hasnt put them in a position to succeed. Either way, he hasnt done a very good job at getting his kinda guys, or coaching who he has.
  9. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,176 Messages
    2,013 Likes Received
    So....., so what your saying is that we have a schizophrenic for an owner?
  10. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,657 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    I can see jerry letting Big red go if we don't make the playoffs. second year head coach and falls short once again. HE's been with the team almost 6 years and has done nothing. We need change.
  11. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,454 Messages
    2,873 Likes Received

Dont worry, the Giants basically ended our season last night.

Opie is gone at years end.
  12. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,890 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    :hammer:
  13. Howardlittleton64

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think it has been clear for years that Mr. Jones isn't right in the head.
  14. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Active Member

797 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    Have you heard his interviews and press conferences?

Both my mother and father are suffering from dementia bordering on alzimers (forgive my spelling). It's amazing what my parents can do or say in a conversation to make you think they know what's going on (speaking in generalizations) and only those that know the signs realize they don't have a clue on specifics. I hate to say it and wouldn't wish it on anyone but I really think JJ's getting to this point. Unfortunately with this disease, there is actual parnoia inflicted on the victims which makes it even harder for those around help him or take over his position of power. I wonder if his son Stephen is aware since it's very hard to accept. It's a very hard postion to be in and his father will make it much harder for him to take over if this is the case.
  15. PullMyFinger

PullMyFinger Old Fashioned

3,395 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Brian Kelly??

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL:lmao2:
  16. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I really have no problem with maintaining that head coaches keep coordinators and high quality assistant coaches, as long as those coordinators and coaches have proven in their careers that they're good at their jobs (if they've been successful elsewhere in multiple places, then they're obviously not the problem here) It's not just teaching the players a new X's and O's, you have to get completely redefine to the scouting and pro personnel departments what they look for in players. Head coaches come and go too easily to build the entire organization around their whim, and in my mind one of the biggest problems with the Dallas organization is that the power structure has been too heavily lopsided towards the whims of the head coach (particularly when the head coach is Dave Campo). The biggest factor that leads to franchises becoming the Cleveland Browns (or the Dallas Cowboys) is perpetually changing up schemes and systems and organizational infrastructure every time you change head coaches. I'd rather keep the Steelers models, establish an organizational model of consistency and continuity from player personnel to techniques and schemes. Tomlin inherited just about his entire staff from top to bottom.
  17. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,612 Messages
    5,771 Likes Received
    It would be easier to just give Callahan complete control over the offense.

Garrett seems to be good at things like the draft. Also, the players don't appear to have quit on him like they did on Wade.
  18. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Ideally, I wish we could set up a system like Parcells and bring in a Sean Payton or Todd Haley as a bright young, albeit green, offensive mind as a "passing coordinator" to replace Wade Wilson, who's best qualification is a dual card carrying member of the EX NFL Quarterback Fraternity and Ex Dallas Cowboy Fraternity. I don't know why Jerry is so infatuated with the idea that he has to have a offensive minded head coach who also calls plays. It seems to be a rather outdated fad that went out of style about 5-6 years ago.
  19. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,311 Messages
    1,380 Likes Received
    My question is what if the new HC is fine with the assistant coaches under them?

Is Jerry just supposed to fire those assistant coaches so he can look good in front of the public eye?

YR
  20. CarlAllDay

CarlAllDay Active Member

1,835 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Honestly I wouldn't mind Gruden coming in as head coach and bringing his espn counterpart Mangini in as the DC!