1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboy merchandise sales falling and I love it!

Discussion in 'Jerry/Garrett/Rant Zone' started by AmberBeer, Apr 3, 2014.

1. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,040 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    "teh playz"
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,771 Likes Received
    And the NFL’s top 10 team merchandise sales:
    1. Seattle Seahawks
    2. Denver Broncos
    3. San Francisco 49ers
    4. Dallas Cowboys
    5. New England Patriots
    6. Green Bay Packers
    7. Chicago Bears
    8. Pittsburgh Steelers
    9. New Orleans Saints
    10. New York Giants

By that reasoning I guess Pats have something to worry about. lol
  3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,885 Messages
    7,627 Likes Received
    Yeah. I was pretty sure, but I wanted to ask, to be nice. Nice and passive-aggressive.
    Future likes this.
  4. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,566 Messages
    2,947 Likes Received
    StevenOtero, Wheeltax and BigStar like this.
  5. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,771 Likes Received
    true 2009 GB had more sales, 2010 Saints, 2011 Pitt, 2012 Cowboys and now 2013 Seahawks. Dallas does not lead in sales every year they are however one of the top salers every year.
  6. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

1,626 Messages
    929 Likes Received
    In the eyes of the modern football fan, Seattles unis are the best in the NFL . I agree...
  7. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,203 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    We're number 4! We're number 4!

Woo hoo.
  8. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,392 Messages
    5,917 Likes Received
    I'm surprised Romo is even on that list.
  9. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,151 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    I don't know how this is a good thing. Jerry isnt going somewhere else because merchandise sales are down. And he wouldn't release control of his GM job duties either because there is a decrease in sales. And don't expect a decrease in attendance to change things either.

See the Lions. When I used to live in Detroit, fans said that they would stop showing up to games with the expectations of things to change. Well......they are still going to the games and the Lions still suck......
  10. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,771 Likes Received
    Funny just had to go down stairs to take care of some business, my building is 1 block from Minuet Maid park where Astros and Yankee's are playing. I saw a man and woman walking to the park she was wearing her Yankee Jersey with Jeter name on it and the man was wearing a Yankee visor, a Romo Jersey and a Cowboys jacket. lol
    Idgit likes this.
  11. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,907 Messages
    4,472 Likes Received
    No personal insults please.
    casmith07 likes this.
  12. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,150 Messages
    1,164 Likes Received
    I don't think we will ever hear Jerry say, "I get it, I get it... I do" ever again.
  13. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,422 Messages
    1,907 Likes Received
    A merchandise sales drop into the mid-20's league ranking may make Jones blink, but I doubt any smaller drop shall.The strength of the franchise brand remains highly viable at... how many years has Jones reigned as general manager during Dallas' post-Super Bowl winning era? Anyway, this is the same man who separated his merchandise sales from the rest of the league. Altering business operations would necessitate a severe drop in merchandise sales. Even it that were to occur, one would think Jones would simply consider merging Cowboys merchandising back into NFL Properties to hedge against further net sales losses.

I have always thought the financial motivation approach was an impractically weak one for prompting Jones into abdicating his GM duties. Too many factors must fall neatly into place for any real monetary deficit to occur. Add the fact no one, especially those who are the most vocal, seems eager to spearhead a campaign in real life directed at making these events a reality.

Nope, the key to even remotely getting Jones to follow convention is psychological motivation, not financial motivation. Attack his narcissism. Sure, the odds are slim, but they are better than practically zero. Or continue believing he is going to change his ways because of a bump in merchandise sales for another... that's right... how many years has Jones reigned as general manager during Dallas' post-Super Bowl winning era?
  14. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,040 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    Those of you who support Jerry are getting exactly what you deserve. Mediocrity. Rah Rah, go Cowboys! Jerry's business model is based on knowing that there are fans who will buy tickets and merchandise no matter the mediocre product he puts on the field.
  15. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,885 Messages
    7,627 Likes Received
    Go Cowboys!

You have a strange way of following your favorite team, by my way of thinking, but knock yourself out.
  16. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,131 Messages
    1,394 Likes Received
    Good for you fans that care about our status in merchandise sales. You must be thrilled.

Fans that want to win something in the NFL aren't as content lately. (like maybe a Super Bowl, or an NFC Championship, maybe even an NFC East Title, or heaven forbid we win more than half our games)

But Sales are good, you can all smile.
  17. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,131 Messages
    1,394 Likes Received
    Love your sig quote, .. that is what I have below my avatar.

Hope I don't die waiting.
  18. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,814 Messages
    1,676 Likes Received
  19. boysfanindc

boysfanindc Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,071 Messages
    490 Likes Received
    I saw a lot of good stuff on the clearance rack at Walmart.
  20. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

5,001 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    Good! Slide baby slide!
    DandyDon1722 likes this.