1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Cowboys’ Rookie TE Gavin Escobar Tackles Youth Fitness

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, May 18, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,385 Messages
    4,332 Likes Received
    Posted on Friday, May 17th, 2013 at 2:44 pm.
    Written by Emma Roll

Although the event was for the kids, it seems that the rookies were having as much fun participating and helping at the clinic. One player spoke of how football is the love of his life, but his passion is being able to come to the community and give back at events such as this one. Gavin Escobar, 47th pick in the 2013 Draft, shared the same sentiments. We got a chance to chat with him for a few minutes during the clinic.

Pro Player Insiders Interviews the Dallas Cowboys’ newest Tight End, Gavin Escobar at NFLPA Rookie Premier Youth Fitness Clinic at Sunrise Elementary School, Los Angeles, CA.

Pro Player Insiders: Has this been a dream of yours your whole life?
    Gavin Escobar: Yeah definitely. Probably, my first love was Basketball and once I started playing football- it was definitely my second love.

PPI: What does it feel like to be here right now? I mean, you’re in the NFL, you made it!
    GE: It’s great being out here with these kids. I remember when I was this age and I loved to play. I played sports all the time. It’s just fun being around these kids who are enjoying life and enjoying running around.

PPI: So you’re here as a role model for them (the kids). Who were your role models growing up in the NFL?
    GE: In the NFL, I liked watching guys like Jeremy Shockey, Tony Gonzalez, and Jason Witten. Football-wise those are my role models.

Read the rest: http://proplayerinsiders.com/cowboys-rookie-te-gavin-escobar-tackles-youth-fitness/
  2. QT

QT Active Member

1,901 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I'm liking this guy more and more. Great situation for him to come in and learn from Witten, on and off the field.