1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Cowboys’ Smith missing $1 million, lawyer says; mom denies anything taken without OK

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by RS12, Nov 1, 2012.

1. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just borrowing the terminology of the original poster:

2. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    cocaine is a helluva drug....
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,838 Messages
    912 Likes Received
    Momma already got her cut, the rest doesnt belong to her. Momma isnt the one who gets her brains bashed in for the next few years just to get the contract that sets her son up for life.
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,149 Messages
    1,282 Likes Received
    Tyron is earning his money the hard way; and NO one has any right TO ANY of his money EXCEPT HIM.
  5. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,819 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    I'm right there with you burm. Whole thing seems sad at this point.
  6. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,338 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    Smith's atty just sent a cease and desist order in an envelope w/ Dez Bryant's pic on it.
  7. rickjameschinaclub

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Momma bore him for nine months, nursed him, fed him, clothed him when he was child, took care of him when he was sick, raised him unlike any of us and emotionally invested in him until he finally started earning money. I guess she wasn't doing things the hard way, only Tyron Smith was by lifting some weights and pushing off defenders.

If that's the way you value motherhood, I feel sorry for your mother.
  8. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,838 Messages
    912 Likes Received
    Here is the problem in a nutshell, his mom sounds alot more like mommy dearest than mother Theresa. She got her money, sounds like took more that didnt belong to her, and has her hand out again. Does that sound like someone he should throw money at?
  9. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

3,467 Messages
    1,179 Likes Received
    Does every thread on this forum have to turn into showing off your Middle American values?
  10. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,194 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    You're doing a lot of generalizing there. It would be great if everyone had good parents, but the reality is, there are a lot of people who don't.

This is probably hard enough for him, and people in his position, without people like you coming down on him because of what you assume about his family life.
  11. rickjameschinaclub

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes, it does... Like I said, I feel sorry for your mother because of you putting a dollar value on what a mom does. The guy has played two years and suddenly he's paid his mom back for her sleepless nights when he was an infant or child crying because he was sick?

The issue is not the mother, the issue is the step-brothers and step-sisters and step-father... He can check them, while still taking care of good ole mom.
  12. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,534 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    exactly!
  13. BlueStar3398

BlueStar3398 Active Member

1,542 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree!! These STEP-siblings showed up at his house on Saturday and AGAIN on Tuesday harrassing him for financial gain! It must be pretty bad if he has to resort to calling 911 on them. He has already had to take out a restraining order against the mom and STEP-dad to keep them away. And, another one of these STEP-siblings had to be removed from training camp in Oxnard by security. This does not sound like a loving family that you want to give your money to. They sound like toxic people that are driving him crazy. And he is missing $1M??? :confused: Just because people are part of your family does not mean that they are good people. I have heard that Tyron had trouble staying awake in class as a child because they worked him in that office-cleaning business. In my opinion, he doesn't owe them anything.
  14. BlueStar3398

1,542 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Someone should send his family a copy of "30 for 30 Broke"!
  15. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,338 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    Be more effective to sit him down and show it to him instead. ;)
  16. Az Lurker

Az Lurker The Lurker

295 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I wonder if his girlfriend Leigh Costa is any relation to Phil
  17. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,675 Messages
    434 Likes Received
    Bullcrap

Frankie Pinkney declined to say how much money her son gave her.

“It was structured over a period of time. He’s agreed to give us a certain amount over a certain period of time throughout his contract,” Pinkney said.

Around the time that Smith was drafted, he hired Florida-based Merrill Lynch financial adviser Rich DeLuca at the urging of his parents. Smith has since parted ways from DeLuca, who could not be reached for comment.

During the time that DeLuca and Smith’s parents helped manage Smith’s finances, sources said a substantial amount of money turned up missing.
  18. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,536 Messages
    3,381 Likes Received
    Girlfriend for the curious. She works for The Fan per her twitter.

[IMG]
  19. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    What a sorry excuse for a family. My sister is much teh same way (only I've never had millions of dollars for her to harras me about).

Hope he keeps his chin up and doesn't let those leaches get to him.
  20. BlueStar3398

1,542 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Patrick Crayton commented on Twitter about Tyron. He said he had family hit him up for money too when he played football. He said he stayed away from family reunions because of it.