1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys adjust based on criticism?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Richmond Cowboy, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Richmond Cowboy

Richmond Cowboy Well-Known Member

1,221 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    Is it me or does it seem like the coaches let the"noise" affect their game planning? After the KC loss everyone complained about not running enough and so the next week vs the Rams they run with impunity. Then everyone gets complacent and the team goes back to no offensive identity. This week everyone has complained about not throwing down the field enough and I predict we will see more of a vertical game vs the Broncos. It's almost like the coaches don't stick to their philosophy but rather change based on what is perceived to be the solution to the team's offensive woes...
  2. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Seems like we know more than them apparently since it worked/will work this week.
  3. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    It does make you wonder but some of the criticism is right so it could be a coincidence. I think we're not giving the coaches enough credit with the Rams. Before they played the Cowboys they had given up 86 yds and 2 td's to the Cards and 36 yds to the Falcons, just looking at those numbers theres no reason to think running would work so well but after we drilled em for 193 yds and 1td the 9ers put 219 and 2td's on em. I think we exposed something in there D the same way SD exposed our D last week.

I've had the same feelin that we would see more deep balls but I just pray it's because they seen somethin in the film room and not because they been watchin tv and trollin the internet for solutions. LOL
    pancakeman likes this.
  4. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

37,518 Messages
    3,819 Likes Received
    I promise they want to run the ball well and throw it down the field in all games.
  5. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,329 Messages
    832 Likes Received
    We most likely don't walk out of this as the winner. So please Romo just force the ball To Dez, and pad your stats. I need the fantasy points
    Ender likes this.
  6. TrailBlazer

TrailBlazer Well-Known Member

1,709 Messages
    632 Likes Received
    I don't think they care what anyone outside the team thinks as far as game planning goes.
    jobberone likes this.
  7. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,975 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    Coach Jerry reads this forum as part of his weekly preparation
    jobberone and GoBigD like this.
  8. Ring Leader

Ring Leader Active Member

860 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    If true, Orton is licking his chops.
  9. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,699 Messages
    1,388 Likes Received
    I would HOPE that the game plans are based on film/study and not on what junior pundits internet GMs are saying...I would seriously lose ALL faith in the FO (the little that I have)

btw, every time little stevie calls someone out (which I like that the players get called out), all I think is that his daddy said to him "Stevie, I own the most prestigious sports organization in the world, but I can't come across as negative when I am in front of a microphone 4 to 5 hours per day. Make yourself useful and say something about Claiborne sucking. While you are at it, go tell the coaches that Carter needs to be benched and tell them that it is their idea. Now run along and do what daddy tells you or I am not making your car payment."
  10. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    The Cowboys are reactionary. It goes back to Jerruh having to get his version of McNabb, If not earlier.

Just look at this team and their obsession with the Patriots.
    Carharris2 likes this.
  11. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,483 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    Seems like a fair assumption.
    jobberone likes this.
  12. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,829 Messages
    868 Likes Received
    In think that there is some truth to this, in addition to the examples you cited, Jerry does talk quite a bit about being like the Giants.
  13. whynot

whynot Active Member

119 Messages
    65 Likes Received
    Giants have no qualms about slinging it downfield, no matter how many INTs it gets them.
  14. Richmond Cowboy

Richmond Cowboy Well-Known Member

1,221 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    I was not suggesting that they look at message boards lol. However, the media in their line of questioning often second guesses the team for doing or not doing something and it seems like the team intentionally or unintentionally reacts to the criticism.
  15. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

3,153 Messages
    600 Likes Received
    A real coach doesn't let noise bother him.
  16. 1LoyalCowboyFan

1LoyalCowboyFan Active Member Zone Supporter

633 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    Oh jobberone, trying to confuse us with sound logic. Nice try :rolleyes:
    jobberone likes this.
  17. Fritsch_the_cat

Fritsch_the_cat Well-Known Member

775 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    If we can see it, they can see it.
  18. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,033 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    If Denver plays us with a six man in the box defensive front, I bet they 'decide' to run a lot.
    jobberone likes this.
  19. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,459 Messages
    2,071 Likes Received
    When you have a GM that doesn't know how to build a team and a HC who can't coach and has a predictable offensive system , it makes for a reactionary response from the team rather than an innovative response
  20. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

37,518 Messages
    3,819 Likes Received
    I agree with this in part. I've been concerned about the offense being too predictable for awhile. And if you're unable to dictate then you have to simply respond to what's offered by the defense. I've been very unhappy with Jerry in the past but I think he's doing well these days looking at talent acquisition across the board. I haven't been happy with OL drafts but that has gotten better as well. Jerry needs to continue to improve the acquisition of talent.

There's is no one on this board capable of critiquing Jason Garrett although there are a few who know enough to take their opinion seriously. The casual fan can certainly look at the overall record over time and determine we are falling short of our goals and lay that at the feet of Jerry and Jason. I know I do. The entire organization.

But I see both sides of the equation rather than just one.