Signed by Cowboys Cowboys agree with Terrence Williams

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Encore, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

10,887 Messages
    3,710 Likes Received
    Love this. Twill makes a ton of big plays at critical moments

Draws ire from fans for no good reason

2. Pants

Pants Active Member

226 Messages
    168 Likes Received
    positives: he knows the playbook, he blocks well
    negatives: everything else

we let the defense leave via free agency, likely get nothing back for Tony, and re-sign Williams D-

3. Ultra Warrior

Ultra Warrior 6 Million Light-years beyond believability.

2,346 Messages
    1,246 Likes Received
    it needs to be more "elite" if we plan on going further this season, than last.

4. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

22,843 Messages
    3,361 Likes Received
    TWill is a Dallas guy and has never strayed far from home.
    I respect him for that.

Very good value we had no business getting.

Gaede and FiveTime like this.
  5. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

25,793 Messages
    5,390 Likes Received
    Listed 0 drops for the season.
    https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2016/

6. robjay04

robjay04 Well-Known Member

3,066 Messages
    4,328 Likes Received
    BAT, SeanLee50 and SDCowboy85 like this.
  7. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

31,109 Messages
    14,810 Likes Received
    I can't complain about this deal.

CalPolyTechnique likes this.
  8. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

66,881 Messages
    21,608 Likes Received
    I knew you would come around.

:laugh:

9. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Well-Known Member

2,130 Messages
    2,320 Likes Received
    I do not love WR in the first round. Given TWill, Beas, Dez, Butler, and Witten are all returning, where is a rookie WR going to play?

I want the best available defender at 27, regardless of position, who can play right away.

BAT likes this.
  10. ChronicCowboy

ChronicCowboy Well-Known Member

330 Messages
    286 Likes Received
    Good to keep continuity on offense. Hell, I might keep Romo too, seriously. His presence gives us piece of mind and let's Dak relax. Many people think it would be the opposite effect on Dak. But I think he is secure in his position and likes having Romo here.

Now I'm sure Romo has a lot of mixed feelings and would like to start. But the 5 million in cap savings isn't going to do anything except let us sign Ware maybe. The only incentive to let him go for nothing is Romo's feelings. But he would be in a great spot here in Dallas and would have a decent chance of seeing at least some time starting next year if Dak is injured or ineffective for long periods.

I know it's an unpopular stance but the idea of letting him go for nothing seems wasteful and short sighted. The most likely scenario if we hold onto him is that someone gets desperate in the summer and we trade him then. Otherwise just roll with him as backup.

FiveTime likes this.
  11. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

8,740 Messages
    4,204 Likes Received
    Really good contract for us. Stills got twice the $ and TWill has as good or better stats across the board. Kudos to the FO on this one

Typhus and negativecreep like this.
  12. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

8,357 Messages
    5,056 Likes Received
    And he still is a body catcher.

manster4ever likes this.
  13. manster4ever

manster4ever Well-Known Member

3,436 Messages
    1,786 Likes Received

Meh...not thrilled

14. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Benched

3,357 Messages
    3,386 Likes Received
    Williams will never be #1 receiver-type, but he's proven to be a very good #2. I was actually looking forward to potentially upgrading the spot either in FA or the draft, but given the deal we signed him for (4-year/$17M/$9.5 guaranteed) it was a no-brainer. When Dez is healthy he raises the tide for the rest of the receivers on the roster.

15. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,223 Messages
    5,403 Likes Received
    I wanted Dallas to upgrade from TWill at WR2 and thought they would do so, but for the price he resigned at I'm fine with this. They will draft a WR also and bring Andy Jones up from the PS to compete with Brice Butler.

Overall Dallas is going for value and I'm fine with that. Swapping out Paea for McClain is probably an upgrade at a lower price, swapping out Carroll for either Claiborne or Carr is probably a push but at a lower price. Moore at DE is just a flyer.

They still have plenty of cap room and draft picks, if they are going to make big move it won't happen at this part of the offseason - and it could be after the draft.

16. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

5,678 Messages
    1,737 Likes Received
    I'm okay with the contract, actually pretty fair for both parties. While I don't like him as our #2, I'm okay with him still being part of the team. IMO, this doesn't stop us from drafting a WR very high in the draft.

17. cowboyblue22

cowboyblue22 Well-Known Member

2,758 Messages
    1,670 Likes Received
    apparently Williams wasn't on the other teams wish list very high so he is back its okay deal

18. J817

J817 Active Member

403 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    They will draft a WR in the lower rounds (5-7) to compete with the undrafted FAs for the 5h spot.

19. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,223 Messages
    5,403 Likes Received
    I think it depends on how the draft falls. TWill was a guy they had a first round grade on he was available in the 3rd. If they get someone with a high grade in the first three rounds that WR will get snaps rotating in with TWill. If its later in the draft I think they would compete with Butler and Andy Jones for the 4th and 5th spots.

The good thing about the contracts TWill and Butler signed is that they are good value and don't prevent the team from upgrading either spot in 2018 if they draft a good player in 2017.

20. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

38,535 Messages
    45,892 Likes Received
    They had a first round grade on Terrance Williams? First I've heard of it.