Signed by Cowboys Cowboys agree with Terrence Williams

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Encore, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

3,720 Messages
    3,183 Likes Received
    It's probably true... in fact a lot of teams probably did at some point or another. Williams was actually pretty dominant in 2012 for Baylor, I think leading the entire nation in receiving. I believe an underwhelming performance in the underwear olympics hurt his stock.

2. DTown214

DTown214 Well-Known Member

2,757 Messages
    2,774 Likes Received
    lol wasn't this the same deal we offered DeMarco?

3. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

25,667 Messages
    5,178 Likes Received
    WR Terrance Williams re-signs with Dallas Cowboys

Actual
    : Four years, $17 million

PFF play-earned contract: Four years, $21.7 million, $5.8 million guaranteed

Grade: A

Dallas does a nice job in locking up a solid receiving option for extremely modest money. Williams may be capped in terms of his role in Dallas, but he has been a big-play threat for the team with receptions for at least 42 yards in each of his four seasons, and catches of longer than 75 yards in two of them.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pr...ocial&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl

4. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

30,746 Messages
    14,288 Likes Received
    Don't push it! :angry:
    ;)

5. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

5,473 Messages
    2,566 Likes Received
    Was never really a TW fans and wasn't worried about losing him. In fact, I was happy that he was likely to get a big deal and we'd get a nice comp pick. I just saw that he tweeted "loyalty" after he resigned. That instantly makes him one of my favorites and I hope he takes his game to another level. Any player that takes less to stay deserves mad respect. He may not have found the money he expected but I'm sure he could have got much more than that somewhere else.

6. plasticman

plasticman Well-Known Member

1,466 Messages
    2,281 Likes Received

I would never suggest that he is a star WR on the same level as Irvin. My point is, as the 2nd receiver, he has more than held his own. He has certainly surpassed other "2nd" WR's for the Cowboys, guys like Alvin Harper and Antonio Bryant.

Consider also, his touches are limited by the peesense of a Hall of Fame TE as well as a dominant running game for two seasons. Furthermore, in his 4 seasons, his quarterback has missed a significant amount of playing time.

gmoney112 and CowboysWillRise like this.
  7. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

21,352 Messages
    8,358 Likes Received
  8. thisiscowboyscountry

thisiscowboyscountry Well-Known Member

734 Messages
    494 Likes Received
    I think in some waya he was taking a shot at his former teammates..

9. guag

guag Currently operating within established parameters

10,688 Messages
    5,532 Likes Received
    So everyone's jumping to snatch a bunch of "no-name" players from our "bad" defense (in the opinion of some), but then we manage to retain this prolific offenses' #2 WR for (relatively) peanuts?

[​IMG]

10. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

66,423 Messages
    20,905 Likes Received
    :D:D:D

11. Typhus

Typhus aka...golden

1,287 Messages
    351 Likes Received
    Sure, but there are plenty of "hands catchers" out there, making more, with half the talent.
    We want every player to be the perfect athlete, not happening, he has intangibles that are deserving of this contract.

12. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

25,038 Messages
    5,598 Likes Received
    Except for right tackle...status quo with potential to add. That works for me, if Green stands up and plays a season. Might even be better.