1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys already had a clause in Carr's contract right?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BruceLee5450, Mar 2, 2013.

1. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,108 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...-right-direction-for-the-dallas-cowboys.html/

Carr seems to be answering these questions like he had agreed to this recently, but this was already a given b/c of how his contract was signed in 2012 right?

“I restructured my contract basically just to free up some money to get some more players in,” Carr said Friday morning after a United Way event where he read to children at Edward Titche Elementary School in Dallas. “I’m a team player. I believe in getting as many guys as possible that can help us get to our goal, and that’s to win a championship.

“This is another step in the right direction, not only myself, but other guys restructured as well. That’s a good sign that guys are willing to restructure their contracts in order to get new guys in or get better guys in to help us, hopefully, get a Super Bowl.”

The Cowboys missed the playoffs for the third consecutive season after finishing 8-8. So really how close are they to reaching the Super Bowl?

“Hopefully, we’re knocking on the door,” Carr responded. “Hopefully, you’re getting your down coat ready for New York.”
  2. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,071 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    I'm proud of my cousin for being a team player... Doesn't hurt to get more money in a bonus LOL.
  3. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,332 Messages
    835 Likes Received
    Carr will always be 1 of the fan favorites.

Great guy
  4. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,541 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    Jerry: Brandon, how bout I give you your 2013 salary, which would have been paid weekly over the season, in one lump sum check right now?

Carr: Well, ok. But only because I'm a team first guy.
  5. AmericasTeam81

AmericasTeam81 Active Member

455 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    I live voluntary transaction. It a free market no exchane can take place unless both parties benefits. More power to them! I am very excited about the upcoming season because of the additions/substractions to the coaching staff. Now it's getting close to time where we start added more quality players.
  6. Sb or Bust

Sb or Bust Active Member

216 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    Winning a Super Bowl in NY would be sweet!
  7. AmericasTeam81

AmericasTeam81 Active Member

455 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    Right in mara's face!
  8. trueblue1687

trueblue1687 Well-Known Member

1,672 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Common trend to include an amendment clause in most contracts between employers/employees these days...particularly in sports franchises unless there is some agreements to the contrary through arbitration, etc. It's usually always in the employee's best interest regardless of whether up or down: even if it's down, usually signals being unemployed otherwise.
  9. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,649 Messages
    1,104 Likes Received
    I believe he still had to come in and sign though.
  10. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    :laugh1:

Exactly.
  11. Nunez21

Nunez21 Active Member

267 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    Ok. He's your cousin. Think we all know that by now.
  12. myslamsareolder

myslamsareolder Member

195 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    This...