1. CowboysZone Upgrade Completed!

The software that powers CowboysZone.com has been upgraded. The upgrade process was massive so there may be a few lingering effects and there may be a need to take the site offline to deal with any issues that arise.

Please report any problems you find to Reality!
    Dismiss Notice

News: Cowboys are releasing Orton

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Coy, Jul 15, 2014.

1. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

21,047 Messages
    4,613 Likes Received
    It's best not to mention Weeden in the same sentence with a QB who has 2 SB wins including 2 SB MVP awards. Weeden will be 31 in Oct he'll never amount to anything more than a serviceable backup.

2. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

3,633 Messages
    2,391 Likes Received
    If we're headed for another 8-8, I rather Tank for Bryce Petty....

3. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

26,627 Messages
    9,621 Likes Received
    I think what is "silly" is assuming that the Cowboys - who mishandled the Ratliff situation to embarrassing degrees -will somehow now recoup money from a player they cut months ago.

The data I do gave shows that Ratliff has gotten away with it. And that's fact until it changes.

4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

40,433 Messages
    18,833 Likes Received
    The data you have is incomplete on the topic. And it isn't a fact that he's gotten away with anything, regardless of whether or not anything changes.

5. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,824 Messages
    935 Likes Received
    It's silly to believe that the Boys are going to recover money from Ratliff at this point. I believe Mickey Spagnola has already addressed on a previous show that the legal action didn't hold up.

I could be wrong but not hearing anything at all at this point and now they just released Orton under similar circumstances this pretty much says they've moved on.

stasheroo likes this.
  6. stasheroo

26,627 Messages
    9,621 Likes Received
    You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better about it.

To this point, the facts say that he stole money from the Cowboys while faking an injury and to date has gotten away with it.

visionary likes this.
  7. Idgit

40,433 Messages
    18,833 Likes Received
    I'll tell myself that because I know what the phrase "has gotten away with it" means.

Much the same way I don't believe people awaiting criminal prosecution have "gotten away with" anything just because the results of their prosecutions aren't yet known.

This isn't really a matter of interpretation, stash. Words do have actual meanings.

8. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

18,677 Messages
    7,102 Likes Received
    Yea, Rat obviously got pissed with Jerry after their confrontation in the lockerroom.

9. Beast_from_East

18,677 Messages
    7,102 Likes Received
    If the team wants a media circus, they should have drafted Johnny Football.

The media went crazy when he was on the sideline, I can just imagine the media storm if he was actually suiting up.

visionary likes this.
  10. Beast_from_East

18,677 Messages
    7,102 Likes Received
    The word going around is that he does not want to play in the NFL anymore................for anybody............he just didn't want to pay back $3 million and the Cowboys blinked.

By releasing him, the team has no legal recorse to go after his signing bonus, we apparently told Orton to just keep the money. Have not heard a reason why, maybe Jerry was feeling chariatable.

11. Beast_from_East

18,677 Messages
    7,102 Likes Received
    Good point..............how do you make a player watch film, lift weights, stay in shape, eat right, ect.........

You can force a player to "physically" be on the team, but you cannot force a player to "mentally" be on the team.

12. Beast_from_East

18,677 Messages
    7,102 Likes Received
    I am with you bro, I think he was faking the entire thing because he got pissed Jerry called him out in the lockerroom.

However, when it comes to legal matters, it doesn't matter what you know or what you think, the only thing that matters is what you can prove.

Now if his doctors were giving false information to the team, then that is another matter. But if its just a he said, she said situation it is going to be hard to prove he was faking.

At least we are trying to get something back, run up his legal expenses if nothing else............attorneys are not cheap as I am sure everybody knows.............LOL

13. stasheroo

26,627 Messages
    9,621 Likes Received
    You're right, it's not open to interpretation. There's nothing indicating Ratliff is going to pay anything back or face any discipline.

Unless you would care to prove otherwise.

14. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

22,836 Messages
    4,077 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

15. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

22,836 Messages
    4,077 Likes Received
    Integrity is an area where a person may get away with filling his own bank account while others who are supporting his income are flounderin in an extremely tough economy, and don't care...but that same person can't escape the label of lack of real integrity. Excuses just don't remove this stigma. And there is no hiding from that...lol, even a criminal has protections of rights. But bad taste is always exposed, whether that gets drama and laughter is another story.

16. Idgit

40,433 Messages
    18,833 Likes Received
    We're going in circles. I'm letting it drop because it's sufficiently obvious what's going on here.

You can pretend you don't see the obvious consequences of his actions if you prefer it that way. For my part, I'm happy to wait and see how it actually turns out.

17. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

10,345 Messages
    4,964 Likes Received
    It is actually not difficult to explain/understand

What do rich people do when they want "acceptance" in an area they have no competence in? They throw money at it so no one will question their competence

Jerry overpays and wants to be everyone's favorite uncle because everyone knows he is a football idiot and has no business making football decisions but he does not want ex cowboy players saying this

No players say that Jerry is a great football mind or knows how to build a team, they say that he is great to play for

That is why it is a very bad idea for the owner to be the GM

18. stasheroo

26,627 Messages
    9,621 Likes Received
    I guess insults in pictures slide by?

Good to know.

19. stasheroo

26,627 Messages
    9,621 Likes Received
    Fair enough.

If the facts of the situation ever do change, I encourage you to tell me so and I welcome any and all "I told you so's" I will have coming my way.

;)

20. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

22,836 Messages
    4,077 Likes Received
    That's not an insult, the high light was a pacifier...kind of like a wins only view. (humor, can be known as well, but attitude brought a potential conversation to this point)

But just this position has been taken for a while now...so, once it is definitive, say in a year or two...let's just disagree and then declare a verdict, then as to merit.

As to manner presented, it also didn't imply an endless run upon the reference....you implied in actual words.
    (coughing)