1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys at the bye and a four round draft (long)

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by VACowboy, Oct 11, 2011.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,398 Messages
    1,266 Likes Received
    Konz currently listed as a mid second rounder by draft scout.
  2. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,303 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    we also have 20 million is dead money for players we dont have, so there goes that 20 million
  3. supercowboy8

5,303 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    that means nothing, the guy will be a 1st rounder, I would love to get him in round 2 but that wont happen
  4. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,724 Messages
    635 Likes Received
    Costa is playing well with a lot of upside. I see Costa improving as the season goes. If so, why draft a center in the first round? Unless you want to move Costa to guard.

The way things are playing out so far, an OT might be a better choice in the first with the way Free is playing.:mad:
  5. supercowboy8

5,303 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    Costa is playing horrible, the stats prove it. Costa is the worse player on the line according to the stats and reviews. Nagy is second. Center as of right now is #1 priority. 2nd is OG, this OL has to be fixed, we can't run the ball with this OL.

as of right now offseason needs are
    Center, OG, CB, 3-4 DE, NT, and then safety.

I know CB might need to be #1 but Newman is still under contract and we just signed Scandrick long term and Ryan really likes him.

Calasis Campbell should be signed the day Free agency starts, He is a beast and would be great in Ryans scheme.

Resign Spencer if he keeps having a good year. Resign Sensy and Elam, I would love to sign Michael Griffin but money wise it makes sense to just resign Sensy and Elam.

Also Matt Forte and Peyton Hillis would be nice adds. If Forte can run behind that sorry OL in Chicago then he could do it in Dallas. But they will want to much money than I am willing to pay for a RB. I think if we get this OL fixed then Jones and Murrey and hopefully we will see Tanner can run good enough.

Draft rounds 1-5 BPA C, OG, CB, NT
  6. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,715 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    Opinions differ widely on Costa's play so far. Couchscout has seen the all-22 and is a professional player evaluator, and he says Costa is playing well. I'll take his word for it, for now. But with my untrained eye I can see that 1) the Dallas OL has so far not played a very physical brand of ball, and 2) Peter Konz is all about kicking ***. What I want to see in Dallas is an OL that bullies defenses, and I'm not sure Costa is built for that type of work.
  7. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,756 Messages
    125 Likes Received

well, at 32 it is not that big of a reach for a player with a mid 2nd round grade, especially if he is a great C prospect from Offensive Line University.
  8. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Perfection. I agree. Right now NFLDS has Hayward in 4 but he looks better than that. He'll be a riser.
  9. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,896 Messages
    2,144 Likes Received
    It's way too early on Costa.
    The guy is basically a rookie.
  10. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,073 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    16th

IND, STL, MIA, ARZ, JAX, PHI, CAR, DEN, MIN, SEA, CLE (from ATL), NYJ, KC, CHI and CLE are the top 15 in that order I believe.

and FWIW, I'd take Konz or Brewster at 16.
  11. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    These guys easily have top 3-5 C potential.

I'd take Konz there in a heart beat.