1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Cowboys Blurb on NFL.com

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Kilyin, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,040 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

COWBOYS UP

A game out of first in the NFC East after two straight victories, the Dallas Cowboys are back to .500 and in the thick of the NFC playoff race. Problem is, they have a logjam of 6-4 teams ahead of them, including two -- the New York Giants and Seattle Seahawks -- that have already beaten them. Now a Thanksgiving date with the Washington Redskins looms. Gobble, gobble.
    Updated: Nov. 18, 2012, 9:52 p.m. ET

:rake:
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,497 Messages
    5,235 Likes Received
    Win the games we can, hope the Giants stumble. That's our best shot at the postseason.
  3. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,040 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    Maybe it's just badly worded, but it seemed to me as if they were saying we had to play those teams in the coming weeks. I mean, doesn't really matter if their record is better and they've beaten us, all we can do is play the games left on the schedule and hope for a chance.
  4. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    Why, because it says "ahead of them?" Sorry, but the wording seems perfectly fine to me. The only thing I have an issue with is the mention of the NY Giants already beating us, as if they have some sort of tiebreaker advantage over us. They don't.
  5. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,522 Messages
    783 Likes Received
    Win the remaining the division games and the Cowboys have the tiebreaker vs. the Giants if they were to finish with the same record as them. They already have 2 division losses (Cowboys and Eagles). That's how the Cowboys make the playoffs. What Seattle, Tampa and everybody else do is irrelevant.

All that matters is what the Giants do. They need to lose games. Probably 3 of them.
  6. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    Yeah, that's what I said, the Giants don't have any kind of tiebreaker against us currently. The article suggested otherwise. What Seattle, Tampa and everybody else does isn't irrelevant because of the wildcards. If you choose to believe that is no longer an option, so be it.
  7. danielofthesaints

danielofthesaints Well-Known Member

1,046 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    I had to reread the quote as well. YOU ARE NOT ALONE