1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys Break 1/7/13... Speculates Denver will be Thanksgiving Day game

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LatinMind, Jan 7, 2013.

1. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,695 Messages
    1,906 Likes Received
    You don't need all the information the scouts have to know that you take a ultra talented offensive tackle over a talented 3/4 defensive end.

Nobody saw this coming. Had they he wouldn't have made it past Carolina.

Dallas made the logical pick that any team in our situation, I believe, would've made.
  2. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,636 Messages
    757 Likes Received
    I'm pretty certain it will be Denver.

We played on FOX this past Thanksgiving. That means we play on CBS next Thanksgiving.

In order to play on CBS, we have to host an AFC team since CBS broadcasts AFC conference games and interconference games hosted by an NFC team playing an AFC team.

That leaves Kansas City and Denver as the only two AFC teams we'll play in 2013.

KC is a bottom dweller. Maybe they think the Cowboys popularity alone can make that a ratings winner, but promoting a Peyton vs. Romo duel will be better for ratings. That's why I say it's going to be Denver vs. Dallas.
  3. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,636 Messages
    757 Likes Received
    We're not playing the Raiders at home this year. We played them at home on Thanksgiving in 2009. We alternate every time we play an interconference game. We're scheduled to play in Oakland this time.
  4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,459 Messages
    8,349 Likes Received
    I knew it was the Broncos as soon as I saw the opponents.

Peyton Manning on T-day.

I hope we're ready for it.
  5. cowboyfan4life2

cowboyfan4life2 Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    203 Likes Received

The nfl changed it so teams didn't have to go to the west coast twice, we play the raiders and broncos at home.
  6. phildominator

phildominator Member

679 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    For all the suck players that turn superstar against the Cowboys, we actually have faired well against Peyton for some reason.

As for the draft pick conversation, Ryan Leaf was a bad pick whether you were a fan of the pick at the time or not.
  7. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,726 Messages
    2,377 Likes Received
    Denver with Peyton is going to beat this team like they stole something.

:laugh2:
  8. phildominator

phildominator Member

679 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    That doesn't make sense. If the broncos are going to whoop us, why would they need to steal?

'Beat us like a rented mule' might be better.

Otherwise, Biff Tannen, make like a tree and beat it.
  9. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    I was in KC for the Cowboys, Chiefs game way back when. Almost 20 years now....dang.

I remember one of the guys who was a Chiefs fan called his buddy to cancel his bet because Dallas had "part Kangaroo's" on their team and that wasn't fair. This was after Jay Novacek hurdled a KC defender.
  10. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    I think it's Thanksgiving, whoever. I imagine those games are on in the background of most houses on Thanksgiving. Dallas adds to that but I think they could put anyone on and get good ratings.
  11. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,739 Messages
    2,410 Likes Received
    By the way, I'll go out on a limb and say we will play the Raiders on Thanksgiving, not the Broncos. I have a 50% chance of being right. My reasoning is the Broncos game can be a prime time game and the Raiders one wouldn't be so they will pick it to drive the ratings up since that holiday gives ratings.
  12. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,739 Messages
    2,410 Likes Received
    Yet you're happy about it? Strange from a "Cowboys" fan.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  13. bsheeern

bsheeern Well-Known Member

1,760 Messages
    52 Likes Received

So by this logic, the way you achieve those results doesn't matter.

That's sad. Our fans are now resorting to a "anything at all cost" perspective.

There are thousands and thousands of people who have driven while drunk but yet made it safely home everytime. I'm not sure you could find many dumb enough to believe "results are all that matter" when you apply that logic here.