1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recommended Cowboys cuts and Roster Moves - Ratliff to PUP, Cook, Crawford to IR

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by unionjack8, Aug 27, 2013.

1. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,960 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    Per tim mcmahon

LB Deon Lacey
    QB Nick Stephens
    OG Dennis Godfrey

Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon25m
    The Turk is making the rounds in the Valley Ranch locker room. QB Nick Stephens, OG Dennis Godfrey, LB Deon Lacey got visits so far.

Admin Edit
    WR Jared Green
    WR Eric Rogers
    K Brett Maher
    TE C Cochart
    CB Brandon Underwood
    Anthony Amos

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2013
  2. Dcowboy84

Dcowboy84 Well-Known Member

1,137 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    surprised Stephens was included in this one...i figured he would be playing a lot on Thursday. guess that means Tanney is playing the whole game? if that's the case you gotta believe they are seriously considering keeping him on the 53 or hoping someone will see enough to want him bad enough to trade for him rather than leaving it up to waivers?
  3. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,075 Messages
    1,271 Likes Received
    The Turk is cold blooded.
  4. Cowboy4ever

Cowboy4ever Well-Known Member

2,104 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    or they could be trying to sneak Stephens thur this early so he can go on the PS and our right cut Tanney.. I hope not, I like Tanney a lot and would keep him on my roster but it is a possibility.
  5. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,006 Messages
    1,052 Likes Received
    Tanney's a keeper in my opinion. I hope he makes the team.
    BIGDen likes this.
  6. unionjack8

1,960 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    WR Jared Green
    WR Eric Rogers
    K Brett Maher
    Per Mendez

Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez7m
    Maher, Godfrey and Stephens saying their goodbyes. Jared Green and Eric Rigers, too.
  7. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,252 Messages
    1,579 Likes Received
    I think you are probably right.

But I also think that Tanney has Matt Moore written all over him. Dont see him making it to the PS, especially if he plays well in the last game.
  8. mrmojo

mrmojo Well-Known Member

1,161 Messages
    323 Likes Received
    I'd rather keep Tanney than Stephens. He showed a lot this last game.
  9. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,967 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    Not surprising at all. The fact that Tanney played the entire second half last week and Stephens didn't play at all tells me the writing was on the wall a long time ago. Tanney beat out Stephens, it's as simple as that. Yes, I think Tanney's performance this week might be the deciding factor in whether to keep him on the active roster or send him to the PS. Either way, he's definitely not getting released.
    Staubacher likes this.
  10. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,220 Messages
    1,267 Likes Received
    i know he's a longshot, but i hope we can find a way to keep cameron lawrence on the team or put him on the PS.
    5Stars and Seven like this.
  11. Cowboy4ever

Cowboy4ever Well-Known Member

2,104 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    To go on the PS, he has to be released first and he becomes a FA, free to sign with any team or maybe he goes thru the waiver process and can be claimed by a team, not sure on which is which, but he does not automatically go to the PS. If we don't put him on the 53, we risk him just like we did with Moore a few years back, we gambled and we lost.
  12. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,700 Messages
    679 Likes Received
    I think the team is thinking the same thing. Most likely PS I would think.
  13. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,967 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    Semantics. If you want to say he has been released first and then put on the practice squad, it really makes no difference. Because PS players are free agents, just as released players are, except with a couple of small caveats. The point I'm making here is that he will not be outright released, if no other team wants him, he will be on our PS. I think his performance this week will dictate whether the team wants to take the chance of leaving him exposed to other teams. Play so-so, and I think they take the chance of putting him on the PS, he plays really well, I think they keep him on the 53.
  14. unionjack8

1,960 Messages
    283 Likes Received
  15. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,906 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    I've had a sneaking suspicion that they are trying to sneak Stephens onto the practice squad.
  16. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,211 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    I like Tanney. I see something there that you could develop. I don’t think he would it to the PS.
  17. unionjack8

1,960 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    we say this everyyear about some player, personally i think he will make it but i wont panic if he doesnt(not that i am saying you will)
  18. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,283 Messages
    573 Likes Received
    Same here. Dude was all over the place. With some experience he could be a football player, IMO.
  19. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,424 Messages
    1,297 Likes Received
    Rogers disapeared after fast start
    AmishCowboy likes this.
  20. Dhragon

Dhragon Deadly Claws of Death

1,306 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    Nerve racking day for bubble players
    Corso likes this.