1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recommended Cowboys cuts and Roster Moves - Ratliff to PUP, Cook, Crawford to IR

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by unionjack8, Aug 27, 2013.

1. cowboys1985

cowboys1985 Active Member

111 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    So now that Ratliff is on PUP, hes out for the first 6 weeks? Or does he have a chance to be removed from PUP and play in week 1. Not that I'm holding on hope for that, I'm just curious.
  2. davey999

davey999 Well-Known Member

1,564 Messages
    305 Likes Received
    Gone for 6...
  3. Hailmary

Hailmary Well-Known Member

2,265 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    No prob.

As a big C&H fan myself, really looking forward to this.
  4. pancakeman

pancakeman Well-Known Member

1,879 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    No, I think if they want him they have to put him on their 53.
  5. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,079 Messages
    5,593 Likes Received
  6. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,958 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    how do we now stand with Ryan Cook's base salary if he's IR'd?. I was hoping to get an extra 1.1-1.2m in cap room by cutting him.......
  7. Dhragon

Dhragon Deadly Claws of Death

1,297 Messages
    156 Likes Received
    Yep, love the cartoon. Read them all as well. Multiple times, lol.
  8. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,008 Messages
    630 Likes Received
    argh.Costa is our backup center,i wish we can get rid of this guy next year.
  9. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,416 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    We can bring Cook back at any time at the risk of another team taking him and his contract? Does putting a veteran on IR get around the whole year's salary being owed if the first game is played? Variation of unionjack8's question.
    tico likes this.
  10. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

1,923 Messages
    532 Likes Received
    With Ratliff going to PUP . Tanney is playing for a job Thursday . If tanney delivers he is #53 .
  11. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,071 Messages
    1,266 Likes Received
    Wondering what's gonna happen with Livings.
  12. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,894 Messages
    389 Likes Received
    Eh, wasted time. Since they know it's going to be Tanney over Stephens anyway, why not give Tanney the full game to show what he can do? Of all the players playing in this game, I think Tanney definitely has the most on the line. It's going to determine whether he's on the 53 or off to the practice squad where there is a chance he could get picked up by a team far less awesome than America's Team.
    Staubacher likes this.
  13. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,540 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    a player that is cut and clears waivers has a say in things. he can go on any practice squad that would have him.
  14. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,306 Messages
    4,842 Likes Received
    They will have to pay his full salary if he is on IR.
    dogberry likes this.
  15. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,306 Messages
    4,842 Likes Received
    The practice squad does not exist until after the cut to 53. At this point, teams can claim a player on waivers which would put the player on the 75 man roster. After the waiver period (24 hours), if the player is not claimed, then he is a Free Agent. Once teams make the cut to 53, any Free Agents are free to be signed to any teams Practice Squad. Once a player is on the practice squad, another team can sign him to their 53 man roster, but cannot sign him to their practice squad. If the player stays on the new teams 53 man roster for 3 weeks, they can then cut him and sign him to their practice squad; although, the player has the choice to sign with another teams practice squad because he is a Free Agent when released from the 53 man roster.

From the end of the season until the trading deadline the following season, vested veterans are not required to pass through waivers. A vested veteran has 4 years of accrued NFL service. From the trading dead-line to the end of the season, vested veterans are required to pass through waivers. The waiver claim priority is the same as the draft order from the previous draft.
    nake likes this.
  16. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,330 Messages
    562 Likes Received
    can't believe we have to carry cook and his salary the whole year.
  17. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,291 Messages
    763 Likes Received
    We should have moved on from Ratliff and cut him this offseason. And has nothing to do with his DWI. He hasn't been worth anything in years now. He's useless.
    dwight likes this.
  18. Eric_Boyer

4,540 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    a little more complicated, but other then this sentence, you nailed it
  19. Eric_Boyer

4,540 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    better yet, he should be playing on his last contract.
  20. Common Sense

Common Sense Well-Known Member

1,519 Messages
    514 Likes Received
    The only reason the Cowboys are "counting" on Jay Ratliff now is so Jerry can continue to justify the idiotic contract extension he gave him.