1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys deal with Will Herring off

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Mar 14, 2014.

1. manster4ever

manster4ever Active Member

427 Messages
    137 Likes Received
    exactly....lmao
  2. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

839 Messages
    608 Likes Received
    The most likely scenario is that Herring didn't "fail" his physical but it was worse than the player and the agent represented to them during negotiations - ala Mike Napoli with the Red Sox. Then the team calls off the contract so the agent can save face and get another contract with another team without the media fallout of having failed a physical.
  3. kjcmeb

kjcmeb Active Member

100 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Mother F*#%+€

Bought his jersey last night.
    TheCowboy and texbumthelife like this.
  4. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

3,254 Messages
    692 Likes Received
    Can we get his agent in the personal department? He knows exactly what we need!
  5. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

37,503 Messages
    3,808 Likes Received
    And I had worked myself up to a....a....a.....I forget. Another stellar signing slips thru our fingers. Drats! I hate it when that happens.
  6. cheftjpeck

cheftjpeck Active Member

257 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    No failed physical but agent states Dallas backed out due to Herring being an injury risk? Some of you complain about this move? Why? Could it be that another organization or NFL person tipped off the cowboys about some hidden issues with Herring? We don't know what happened behind the scenes but it seems like a smart move on Dallas part if we come to find out they dodged a bullet.. What if it comes out that Herring failed a drug test or two and maybe Dallas was tipped off about that
    You never know...
    Kaiser likes this.
  7. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

3,930 Messages
    1,050 Likes Received
    What probably happened is a bidding war over Peppers caused the Cowboys to notice they needed some more cash in their wallet to win the prize. They backed out when it got too expensive. Glad they did not overpay. Bad break for Herring but none of us will miss him.
  8. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,619 Messages
    4,891 Likes Received
    I highly doubt we even gave Peppers a call beyond, "oh, you are not going to take a one year deal for less than what?". In fact, I am beginning to believe all of this "interest" is deliberately being thrown out there to create the illusion we are remotely interested in signing anyone making above minimum wage.
  9. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

3,930 Messages
    1,050 Likes Received
    If they don't sign Melton you may have a point. In this case, it was prudent not to buy.
  10. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,619 Messages
    4,891 Likes Received
    Boy, it will get positively tragic around here if Melton is not a Cowboy.

It would be pretty entertaining though.
  11. Floaty

Floaty Well-Known Member

753 Messages
    270 Likes Received
    I don't want anything to do w/ Melton. Guy is way over-rated........
  12. Wolf2k5

Wolf2k5 Active Member

851 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    But but but that would mean it's no big deal and just business. What are we all going to complain about if not for our new ST players?
    Kaiser likes this.
  13. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

839 Messages
    608 Likes Received
    I vote for the tried and true "Phil Costa" !!
    Wolf2k5 likes this.
  14. dogunwo

dogunwo Waves that make you sea-sick

5,509 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    I had already bought his jersey.
  15. dogunwo

dogunwo Waves that make you sea-sick

5,509 Messages
    242 Likes Received
  16. mmohican29

mmohican29 Well-Known Member

2,403 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    Our front office (Jerry, Stephen, Jason) has to be the most fearful, pathetic, ill-advised and financially irresponsible in professional sport.

We can't decide who to draft, who should coach, who should call plays... we can't decide on bringing in a scrub reserve lb, we can't decide to keep the right players... it's no wonder we can't sign anyone. The rest of the league HAS to be laughing at us. The current situation in Dallas is absolutely shameful.

Everything Jerry does is to keep the status quo. Everything. I truly believe he WANTS to be .500 because he is fearful of any kind of set-back. This team plays with no balls and it's front office is the same way.

I don't give a flip who Will Herring is, but if this is true that the guy had a hamstring injury two years ago and that's the reason we backed out of the deal- I just don't know what to say... I just can't believe these are the DALLAS COWBOYS sometimes. It's unreal how our failures are so entirely epic at every micro and macro level these days.
    Air Force One likes this.
  17. Doc50

Doc50 Original Fan Zone Supporter

740 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Well, they obviously put together a contract to which the player would not agree; and given the publicity of said deal, they likely did not know that their contract terms would be unacceptable. Or maybe Payton told him how crazy it would be playing for JJ, and he decided he needed more.