1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys Draft Picks and UDFAs Measureables - Updated

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by xwalker, May 2, 2012.

1. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,612 Messages
    5,771 Likes Received
    Claiborne has really long arms. IMO, this is a big advantage for a Cornerback.

Crawford has significantly better agility numbers than Quinton Coples while being only slightly smaller.

Wilber is very similar to Shea McClellin, he just needs to gain about 10 lbs.

Matt Johnson has better agility numbers than Morris Claiborne while being 23 lbs heavier. His 10-yard split is impressive also.

Danny Coale has similar speed and better agility than Devon Wylie and T.Y. Hilton. He is almost 3 inches taller and 18 lbs heavier than Wylie.

James Hanna is an impressive athlete with long arms and big hands. He had more bench reps than the UDFA blocking Tight Ends Bryan and Szczerba.
    McSurdy is probably a really nice guy.

UDFAs
    Ron Leary has really long arms for his height. He is better in most of the measureables than Amini Silatolu.

Levy Adcock has good size, speed and agility numbers and played at a big school. I guess he got downgraded being kind of goofy looking.

[IMG]
  2. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,890 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Your charts have been one of the best things about this year's draft.
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,643 Messages
    1,477 Likes Received
    3.5 sacks is the number I'm looking at, which is troubling IMO.
  4. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,310 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    Awesome stuff xwalker. Thanks!
  5. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,622 Messages
    511 Likes Received
    Claiborne's arms are silly long. One thing i've read is he doesn't use this to his advantage enough. If Henderson can coach him up to be consistently physical at the line of scrimmage, he'll be potentially a shutdown CB with that aspect along with his ability to mirror WRs while tracking the ball.
  6. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,189 Messages
    2,787 Likes Received

:laugh2:

FWIW, his pro day numbers were much better than his combine numbers were.
  7. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,189 Messages
    2,787 Likes Received

Look at the picture in this link (I couldn't get the URL for the pic). It is towards the bottom of all the pictures and it shows Claiborne walking beside Garrett down a hall at Valley Ranch.

In the picture, both Garrett and Morris appear to be roughly the same height. However, if you look how low their hands are hanging, Claiborne's hands are several inches lower than Jason's.

Nothing definitive, but it is an indication of just how long Claiborne's arms are.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/photo_gallery.cfm?id=F692BCE6-A2C1-FF9B-2B8246F9412D6061
  8. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Very nice XWalker, nicely done!
  9. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,845 Messages
    1,214 Likes Received
    Not too far off first round pick Shea McClellin, may matter if his conference ran more.

Kyle Wilber
    2011 70 tkls 11.5 tfl 3.5 sks
    2010 65 tkls 14.5 tfl 6.0 sks
    2009 18 tkls 3.0 tfl 1.0 sks
    2008 42 tkls 6.5 tfl 3.0 sks
    Blocked 3 fgs career

Shea McClellin
    2011 50 tkls 12.5 tfl 7.0 sks
    2010 29 tkls 12.5 tfl 8.5 sks
    2009 36 tkls 6.0 tfl 3.0 sks
    2008 14 tkls 1.0 tfl 1.0 sks
  10. TheDallasDon