1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys draft trade rumor (surprising)

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Bowdown27, Mar 28, 2012.

1. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I'm going to look at this another way and say I dont think Morris is that once in a decade shut down corner who can own half the field so under very circumstances am I comfortable with trading up that far for him.
  2. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,741 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    I'll take Gilmore at #20, Shea McClellin and Brandon Brooks in the second round and whatever we'd get in the third next year over Claiborne, any fricking day.
  3. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,336 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    If they make this trade for claiborne he is gone
  4. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,336 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    Yes thats my thread, I had a source telling me yesterday that dallas and browns were talking but not about 14 to 4 but about Dallas trading back to 22 if a great player the browns really like is at 14.

I think this is more likely to happen. I think huddle report heard Dallas and browns were talking about a possible trade and just assumed it was for Dallas to get to 4.

My source is still telling me unless the browns give the cowboys a really good deal he doeant see them going up to 4. It will ne to pricey and there are enough good players that can help Dallas at 14.
  5. RealCowboyfan

RealCowboyfan Championship

4,587 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    But if you do that, do it means that you draft the top pass-rushing linebacker in the draft instead of conerback being that you gave up on the ousideside linebacker that you already have?

Altogether it creates another hole in the system which is not needed right now. Cowboys need to keep spencer and change to 4-3 and let him use his pass-rushing skills along with Ware.

Jenkins + Jones + 14 for the 4th = Claboure in the first round which will replace Jenkins and in the 2nd or 3rd round draft LeMichael James from Oregon to replace him. Vontaze Burfict in the 3rd or 4th.
  6. dalboy

dalboy one man wolf pack

1,082 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    :insane:
  7. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,853 Messages
    2,505 Likes Received
    You dont pay your FS $10 million a season when he has never played the position before.

If this is legit (which I highly doubt), this means Jenkins is good as gone.
  8. Leadbelly

Leadbelly Active Member

609 Messages
    225 Likes Received
    In 2009, Cleveland and the Jets made a similar trade:

Cleveland traded their 1st (#5)

Jets gave up their 1st (17), 2nd, Abe Elam, Kenyon Coleman, and Brett Ratliff.

That's basically a 1st and 2nd + scrubs.
  9. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I have no problem with it at all..in fact I would see it as a positive that they seen a guy they like well enough to go up and get.
  10. Skerr41

Skerr41 Member

111 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well I would believe the team knows better than me and accept it, but I really don't believe it is value for Claiborne.
  11. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,940 Messages
    2,155 Likes Received
    I like Gilmore too, but not at 20....maybe no CG in the 1st for me.
    Just curious....where do you play him?
    Carr and Jenkins are locked in and Scandrick just got paid and is a very good slot CB.
  12. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,410 Messages
    21 Likes Received
  13. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    The only time you pull that trigger is for a franchise QB or Pass rusher .. and claiborne is not a franchise QB or Pass rusher.
  14. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,940 Messages
    2,155 Likes Received
    I love Claiborne, but the cost would be brutal.
  15. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I honestly don't know how I'd feel if this happened. It'd be nice to grab the best corner in the draft IF we were only a CB away from contending, but we're not.
  16. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,475 Messages
    193 Likes Received

This makes the most sense.