1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys fan in Cincy

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by xtreme_2k, Dec 9, 2012.

1. xtreme_2k

xtreme_2k Active Member

150 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    It was awesome to hear the crowd during the game, it felt like there were more cheers for the Cowboys than it was for the home team, especially when Bryant caught the TD!:bow: :laugh2:
  2. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

2,295 Messages
    846 Likes Received
    Thanks for that! Really appreciated. I wish more posters who attend away games would post about their experiences. What was the crowd like? how did the opposing fans treat you? What did you see that we didn't on television?

Rynie does a good job of that for home games, I wish more of you would do that for away games as well.
  3. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,653 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    louder crowd than we get in texas
  4. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,071 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    And that's crazy! I don't get it...
  5. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,653 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    the stadium in arlington is massive.
  6. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That excuse is invalid. It can get super-loud. I've been to college games there. And while our crowd normally sucks at home, that place was ROCKIN. last week.
  7. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,071 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    Yes I know I've seen in live and in person... However it has turned into a wine and cheese crowd sadly.
  8. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,311 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    I was there today & when we got the drive going on which Dez scored the Lets Go Cowboys chant was echoing throughout the stadium, goosebumps type stuff to know you took over the opponents house. When Dez scored the Bengals fan beside me turned to me & told me it was over and we were gonna win, they're accustom to the letdown apparently. Most Bengal fans were nice, some were not to fond of Dallas I could tell from the looks I got from just wearing my Dez jersey. As I was leaving a drunken Cowboy fan came by in a taxi yelling "How bout them Cowboys" some Bungal fan took offense to it cussing at the guy at letting him know we were 7-6 so I had to turn around and inform the poor chap that unfortunately my friend your also 7-6 & we beat you.
  9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,129 Messages
    4,328 Likes Received
    It sounded loud on TV. I have been in that stadium before and wish I would have been thee today.
  10. ohiocowboysfan25

ohiocowboysfan25 Active Member

379 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    I too was there today and it was amazing. The bengals fans that sat in front of us were great but disappointed at how many cowboys fans they were surrounded by. The bengals fans behind us were complete idiots and kept offering me their jerseys everytime they scored or did anything good because "I wouldn't want to wear my cowboys one that's for losers". I put up with it for about the 1st half then I had enough and went off on the guy and he left me alone. When were were all walking out to our cars it was crazy how many cowboys fans there were there and we were still cheering all the way down to the street level. Obviously, cinci fans weren't real thrilled with our celebration but there were enough of us that nobody said anything to us.

As far as the actual game goes I haven't been to a game in 3 years and I completely forgot how awesome it is to be able to see everything. We were sitting in the upper deck and the game seemed so slow it was weird. The punts/kick offs never looked like they'd make it to the end zone but ended up going deep in the endzone and not returnable. I don't know if all that was due to the fact that I'm not use to watching the games at that height or what was wrong.

I have to say I think there are a ton of cowboys fans in this part of the country because I went to the Detroit game several years ago and there were a ton of cowboys fans there also. I'm jealous of all of you that get to go to games at Dallas and especially season ticket holders. It would be great to see a game at home and with your own fans and I guess today would be the closest to having that experience.
  11. VietCowboy

VietCowboy Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.

2,918 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Yeah, I went to the Cowboys Indy game at lucas oil recently and saw a lot of cowboys fan too.
  12. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Because its not true.
  13. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,777 Messages
    5,187 Likes Received
    it was ridiculously loud on the spencer sack.
  14. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,019 Messages
    1,318 Likes Received
    I checked out the Bengals forum after the win. Someone there who was at the game said it was like he was watching the game in Dallas. :laugh2:
  15. mahoneybill

mahoneybill Well-Known Member

901 Messages
    269 Likes Received
    Thanks. Once Boys started comeback TV coverage showed more Fan coverage/
    Excitement.

Thanks for being there to encourage them....
  16. chip_gilkey

chip_gilkey Active Member

2,559 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    I posted a thread just like this. ask any questions in it you want and I'll try to answer.
  17. Ring Leader

Ring Leader Active Member

860 Messages
    175 Likes Received
    On our game winning field goal I couldn't see the ball in flight (grainy streaming internet video) but was expecting a miss when I saw all of the cheering fans from behind the goal posts.....only to soon discover that the kick was good and all of the cheering was from the large amount of Cowboys fans in Cincy.

A rags to riches moment indeed!
  18. DavidS

DavidS Well-Known Member

1,137 Messages
    207 Likes Received

I was at last weeks game vs Philly and yes it was rocking quite loud

And the Bbq brisket was off the chain! Here's a few pics

[IMG]
    ^^^^^
    "Walk of Shame"

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  19. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

1,796 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    Some random and non informative observations from the game:

Cowboys fans everywhere. Pretty sure there were more Bengals fans but not by much. Almost everyone around me was Cowboys fans.

Lots of Cowboys fans crowding down near the sidelines before the game. I was upstairs walking around. Heard a roaring chorus of "boos". Looked out on the field, pretty sure it was all the 'boys fans booing the Bengals coming out for pregame warmups.

As far as the game, I'm not trained but...

Though there times the oline blocked in pass protection, when they don't it looked bad. It may look worse live than on TV, I don't know.

Dwayne Harris seemed to fall down. A lot.

When Romo got bent over backwards, I was scared his knee was gonna be blown.

Carrs pick was a beautiful thing. Could see him read and break on it. Much better than TV.

(Sorry, the pics are kinda of small)

Couple before the game pics:
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    Opening kickoff:
    [IMG]
    Beginning of the 2nd quarter
    [IMG]
  20. hipfake08

hipfake08 Well-Known Member

4,283 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    Was that the Bengals largest crowd of the year???
    I would think the Steeler home game would draw big also.

Why I am saying that is last time in Oakland with Cowboys - stadium full.
    Two weeks ago stadium in Oakland at least 1/3 empty.

Opposing owners must like to see us come to town.