Cowboys fans: still want Manizel now?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dcstands4, Aug 5, 2013.

1. dcstands4

dcstands4 Active Member

653 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    Simple question, I heard people counting down till the day (we) could draft him. Are you still on that boat?
  2. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,707 Messages
    1,293 Likes Received
  3. iowast8rs

iowast8rs Well-Known Member

1,036 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    Never wanted him to begin with. Smaller version of Tebow.
    CowboyMike likes this.
  4. erod

erod Well-Known Member

9,004 Messages
    6,590 Likes Received
    Not on your life. Don't need an out-of-control, half-witted, self-medicating alcoholic QB around here. Especially one that can't throw a 20-yard pass on target.

If he can't handle the spotlight at A&M, how is he going to handle the pressure of being QB for the highest profile team in the NFL?

Two words: Todd Marinovich.
    CowboyMike likes this.
  5. KDM256

KDM256 Active Member

489 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    Never wanted him either.. I thinks he's too small to play QB on Sundays
    CowboyMike likes this.
  6. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

9,092 Messages
    1,040 Likes Received
    He seems like a nice kid
  7. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

8,184 Messages
    1,600 Likes Received
  8. danielofthesaints

danielofthesaints Well-Known Member

1,105 Messages
    195 Likes Received
    Nope. Next year we need to draft heavily on oline and dine. I know we say that every year, but I feel like we have so much depth in other areas that it would be overkill to draft any other positions in the first few rounds that are not in the trenches. So no to Johnny football
  9. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

5,117 Messages
    1,874 Likes Received
  10. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,654 Messages
    449 Likes Received
  11. bounce

bounce Well-Known Member

855 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    I'm not saying I'm for him, based on intangibles - but I'm dang sure not writing him off based on decisions made as a 20 year old.
  12. Aggie87

Aggie87 Active Member

194 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    He does seem out of control, I agree with that. Not sure if he's "half-witted" or an alcoholic, not sure any of us know that.

However, he threw many, many pass completions more than 20 yards last season.

There are multiple 20+ yard completions in this highlight video just from the Alabama game alone. I counted 5, and those were 20+ yards in the air, not a 5 yard throw and a 20 yard run-after-the-catch.

tantrix1969 likes this.
  13. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

962 Messages
    448 Likes Received
  14. Bizwah

Bizwah Well-Known Member

6,107 Messages
    307 Likes Received
    I am amazed to see so many Cowboy fans on board with him. He's out of control right now. I would only take a flyer on him late...very late in the draft.
    CowboyMike likes this.
  15. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

12,302 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    i never did want him and i still dont.
    CowboyMike and dexternjack like this.
  16. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

16,426 Messages
    2,915 Likes Received
    Yep although he has a lot of growing up to do. And i dont want to hear he is small, Drew Brees is a midget.
  17. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Winter is Coming Staff Member

64,101 Messages
    7,933 Likes Received

Take away any concerns about his size or QB ability translating to the NFL.

Just the drama that surrounds him would be amplified even more if he had a star on his helmet and we do not need that.
    CowboyMike likes this.
  18. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,223 Messages
    558 Likes Received
    I was considerably more immature at his age so i would be a hypocrite if i held it against him. That said i never wanted him to begin with

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

38,122 Messages
    3,781 Likes Received
    I was never sold on the fact that he would be a 1st round QB prospect. If I had to take him right now, the answer would be no emphatically. However, it's hard to know what the future holds for him. He may sit for awhile and then transfer to play elsewhere. In that time, he could grow and mature. Lets see who and what he is when he enters the draft. Then I can make a more honest and informed decision on what I think of him.
  20. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

12,302 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    I am a huge Texas homer, so many may take my stance as being a hater......but let me state for the record that I want David Ash nowhere near a silver helmet with a blue star on it, unless he is sitting in his plush living room rooting for the Boys, like I do.